Thread: Can USB tether use wifi for data?

Can USB tether use wifi for data?

I am using the HTC Desire from last two weeks. Nowadays I am working far from my home and my laptop is not having the wifi. I know that the new laptop will work fine for me. I am searching for any method that can be used to make my desire as a usb wifi dongle. I have not did it earlier so I have less idea about that. If anyone over here have any idea about this then please share your knowledge with us so that it will be helpful to me. I will appreciate each and every reply for this post. Thank you very much in advance.

Re: Can USB tether use wifi for data?

The tethering choice is Android have been added through Google while Froyo came out prior current year. Therefore subsequent to months of without charge tethering I presently occurred to stagger upon a cool aspect regarding the tethering feature that I was not conscious of because I have had Froyo. therefore the fundamentals regarding tethering as of your Android Phone was that you might tether moreover USB wise otherwise by the use of Wi-Fi Hotspot. The Wi-Fi hotspot permits you to make use of your data network to generate a Wi-Fi hotspot that permits additional Wi-Fi well-matched electronics to attach to your Wi-Fi network that is finished up of your data.

I understood that the just network you might tether was you personal data network as of the carriers. I lately bought a fresh desktop computer intended for my room that is not having Wi-Fi built-in. The router is within living room to running a cable toward my room will be together a pain as well as extremely unpleasant. So I determined to tether with my phone in the direction of my computer. Fine, my data network was extremely unbalanced and going to 2G after that reverse toward 3G. So the join was awful. I decided to attempt to USB tether which is Wi-Fi connection. I was astonished to discover out that it worked immense. I turned off my data as of my android phone only to verify that it was USB tethering which is the Wi-Fi connection on the way to desktop computer.

Go through the steps which are given below and see if that is able to solve the problem for you.
    1. First of all, confirm that your Android Phone have Tethering Enabled.
    2. Now connect your phone with a Wi-Fi connection.
    3. Connect your phone using USB with your computer.
    4. Go to Settings in your phone.
    5. Choose Wireless & Networks.
    6. Choose Tethering & portable hotspot.
    7. Choose USB tethering.
    8. Permit it to connect.

I am posting this here to verify to you as well as to demonstrate you that it is probable to make use of your phone to make the Wi-Fi connection and then go reverse as well as USB Tether to similar connection hooked on a computer by means of USB. So far I have experienced it on the laptops as well as desktop computers. I can say that those worked fine. These days’ laptops as well as netbooks contain Wi-Fi built-in other than I hardened it out to confirm.