Thread: Karmic LAN and Windows 7

Karmic LAN and Windows 7

Until last Friday, my local network (home) consisted of 4 computers, one window XP, two windows Vista and one in Jaunty. I updated Friday Jaunty in Karmic, and one Vista computer at windows 7, yet if my three Windows PCs continue to "see" and to be able to share data, as well as that seen in Karmic and always shares it with XP and one running Vista, I am unable to "connect" Karmic and 7. Indeed, Karmic clearly seen windows 7, but at what time I try to open the shared folder I am entitled to the message "Unable to mount location Obtaining list of shares on the server has failed." Of course, before the updates, there was no problem sharing between the two PCs in question. Thank you in advance for your answers and good day.

Re: Karmic LAN and Windows 7

I also have the similar trouble, and all forums that I have consulted do not bring me an answer. I hope to find one here shortly. However, windows 7 have no problem reading my folder "Home" I fully shared as a test. I first thought Linux could not mount my windows 7 PC because of a password on the "Group Residential", password recommended by Windows, and I withdrew, however without Success! There is an option enabled in "sharing network" that allows Windows to manage the "group residential". Maybe he should disable it to manage himself? All ideas are welcome.

Hi, my trouble is that only several web sites such as the "youtube" and downloading site rapidshare only opens at what time browsed by means of a proxy. I wanted to know if there is a proxy program on Ubuntu Jaunty allowing me access to all sites blocked by my Internet service provider (ISP)? Please let me know if you have any suggestion regarding to this issue. Your valuable suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I have resolved this trouble on my side. It is very important to share the name after the IP address. Let me explain. First watch rating windows 7 the share name (for me I shared disk D and it is called division "d). Code Linux you must type in the file manager: SMB / / 192.168.xx / d. Hope this works for you. I will recommend you to try this and let me know whether this resolve your issue or not.