Thread: Windows 7 infected with Av8

Windows 7 infected with Av8

My girlfriend downloaded a program onto her computer, thinking it was an update for her preexisting virus scanner. However, it turns out, when I looked at it, she had the Av8 maleware.

Now I know there are numerous sites on the subject of removal, but I have a problem: I can't get E-net access. It says this when I click on Firefox OR IE : Windows can not find 'C:\Programfiles (x86)\ Mozilla Firefox\firefoxe.exe' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again.

Now, I can eve go to the subdirectory and click on the .exe file and try to open it and it still gives me that message. It happens in both Safe Mode & Safe Mode With Networking. Is there anything else I might do?

re: Windows 7 infected with Av8

This error message are caused by the Malware. I have gone through the same issue and which is causing the same issue. To work with the same issue i have installed the MalwareBytes AntiMalware program into the system of mine and rebooted the system into the Safe Mode with Networking. Updated the Malware Bytes and and after that run the same for checking infection to the system. Found the infection deleted the same and issued got resolved. So if you can then try the same and see whether this is working for you or not.