Thread: wireless internet connection via Netgear router

wireless internet connection via Netgear router

My old router from the telecom broke a few weeks ago, and then I've bought a Net Gear. With my new laptop with integrated wireless function, I am also symptom-free the Internet is connected on (references; with this laptop I have set up the router as well) My PC, which is right next to the router but will not connect to the router, neither the receiver horn T-Sinus, even over the cable. Normally would have the PC but no problems to access the Internet when it is connected to the router via a LAN cable. If, however, unfortunately not. What I'm possibly wrong? Do I need to change any settings? About answers I would really appreciate you.

Re: wireless internet connection via Netgear router

So the connection in the T-Sinus is probably based on DECT and no longer work with the new router. Therefore the only option is the network connection. I would try to repair first, the combination of Windows can be. Often this solves the problem already, if necessary. It can also help the old telecom stuff to remove it because it may well be that this settings are permanently changed what you do now problems. It would be great if you could tell us once more what a Windows version you have in use.

My Pc is recently running on to the windows XP. The Telecom stuff I've already deleted manually. And the INSTALLATION was unfortunately not possible because I do not think the setup and the system control program of the Telekom do not appear. Since the computer is next to the router, I try to connect to the Internet via a network cable. The PC also recognizes the network and displays the transmission rate. There are no packets sent or received. How do I get to the one of you mentioned Windows repair? Thanks for your reply.

Actually there are two methods through which you can fix your issue.
    • Configuration with the Smart Wizard: This is the easiest. The Smart Wizard guides you through the configuration, many of the steps already automatically be carried out. It ensures that necessary conditions are met and that you made of steps have been completed successfully. For this option is a PC with Microsoft Windows.
    • Manual configuration: This option is best if the Smart Wizard on the CD cannot use, routers want to replace existing one or are technically knowledgeable. Follow the steps to set up your router. The instructions are in the manual. Use the option that most appeals to you most.

I am using a Netgear WGR614v6 router to which hangs a modem and a desktop PC via cable (it works beautifully with the fine). With my laptop I would like to connect to the WLAN (wireless card: Intel Pro Wireless 2200 BG Set). The router is the latest firmware installed and the laptop I'm using the latest version of Intel Pro Set Wireless software and have the latest drivers for the wlan card installed I can properly connect to the wireless and it always appears very good to excellent signal quality.

Well, that looks really pretty bad! I know this phenomenon, if you run a download client or the way other networks within range, use the same channel that you have set or you yourself are too far away from the access point. Maybe you could try the following: Minimize the distance to the router and then ping to the appropriate server. Or alternately the canal.