Thread: After removing malware internet is not working in windows 7

After removing malware internet is not working in windows 7

I have a HP Dv6226 laptop and my operating system is windows 7. I have a very strange problem and I have decided to share this with you all. Some time ago my system was infected with lots of malwares. I tried every possible method to remove them out from my system but couldn’t. I tried with all possible anti malwares but all of them failed to remove. So ultimately I downloaded hijackthis and I was able to remove the possible malware from the system. I rebooted the system and then when the system started I was not able to start any internet connection and the sign under the network sign showed a red cross. So why is it not working? What does spyware has to do with the internet? I know you all must be having answers for my question. So do share it with me.

Re: After removing malware internet is not working in windows 7

Well this is quite strange. There can be a possibility that while scanning the files it may have deleted some files which are related to the network part. Also do have a check whether the network driver is updated or not. So do have a check on that also. Upon that do ensure that all your hardware's related to the network like router, modem are connected properly to the computer. Such that the possibility of such errors will get minimized.

I would advise you to uninstall and install the protocol driver again. One of my friends had the same method and even he tried with the same solution and it worked for him. In case you don’t know the steps for the reinstalling then let me explain you
    1) Go to the control panel and select the device manager.
    2) Select the view option and click on show hidden devices.
    3) In the non plug and play drivers click on the particular protocol driver.
    4) Select the action has uninstall.
    5) Restart the windows and install It again.
    So hope you have got the necessary steps.

Hey thanks a lot for the suggestions that you have given. Well let me tell you that I have got the necessary solution. As per your advice I removed the printer and I uninstalled it. When I rebooted the system I found that it was working well. The internet connection was back so I left there only and I did not do a installation part again. So only the uninstallation part was successful for me. So thanks a lot for the suggestions that you have given.