Thread: How to access DSL modem in bridge mode with Airport Extreme

How to access DSL modem in bridge mode with Airport Extreme

I have the below setup:
    DSL Modem: utilized in bridge mode and NAT/DHCP/Firewall twisted off. Static IP is put to 192.168.1.110.
    Airport Extreme: In PPPOE form with Shared IP that is chosen by default: Distributes IP series 192.168.1.XX with subnet 255.255.255.0.
    At this time, Airport Extreme's IP address is what it obtains from the ISP, essentially DSL Modem is passing through this to the AE. Ethernet cable is utilizing from DSL modem to AE's WAN. In this form, the whole thing efforts well and me and every others can utilize Internet well. But the trouble is that I cannot ping or access DSL modem in any way in this mode. Essentially, I require to login to the DSL modem to monitor my DSL connection quality but whatever I attempted I could not work out how. Essentially, I attempted setting a static IP on the DSL modem as 192.168.1.105, this did not effort. I read somewhere that it requires to be on a dissimilar subnet, so attempted utilizing 192.168.2.101, which did not effort either. If I bond the DSL modem to a computer straight and put that PCs IP to 192.168.2.103, it can attach to the DSL modem. I am just out of resolutions at this time and any suggestion would be respected.

Re: How to access DSL modem in bridge mode with Airport Extreme

1. 1. When you do not contain a Linksys, the below FAQ will assist:
      How do I access a modem which is linked to the WAN port of a Linksys Router?
    2. If you do not encompass a Hub, you could alter the WAN IP in the Airport Extreme to:

IP Address 192.168.2.101
      Subnet: 255.255.255.0
      Default Gateway: 192.168.2.10

If you include the DNS Settings in the Airport Extreme put to something, you can leave those settings unaided. Otherwise, for the DNS number one: You can type in 192.168.2.101 (if this Airport Extreme is truly selective, for instance it says: you must have as a minimum DNS Server)

If you put the modem to start the PPPoE assembly and put the airport express's WAN port for a DHCP connection which will permit simple access to the modem. If your modem can share the public IP address or DMZ the IP of the airport express which will intimately match the present setup. You must utilize dissimilar subnets on the airport express and modem.

I comprise a switch that I can utilize for the suggested setup. But, in this stuff, what IP or subnet should I utilize for the switch and Airport Express? Setting the WAN IP in the Airport Extreme is not probable. If DSL Modem is in bridge form, then Airport Extreme will utilize PPPoE and in this case it obtains the IP address from the DSL supplier for the WAN side. So I cannot alter the IP on it. Is the Linksys FAQ comprised for a bridge form connection? Can you please detail this slightly more? On the whole, what do you mean by setting AE's WAN port for a DHCP connection? Do you indicate modem will be the DHCP server?

The airport express services internet tab permits you to choose the WAN port connection type have a look at the alternatives listed on the Connect utilizing decline list. Yes the modem requires beginning the PPPoE session and it is LAN DHCP server will be lively just for the airport express WAN port not the airport express's LAN ports. On the other hand the similar concept can be utilized to acquire access to the modem combo linked to the WAN port of any RJ-45 WAN port router.