Thread: Windows 7 unable to communicate on my home network.

Windows 7 unable to communicate on my home network.

I have formed a small network at home with 2 computer system both the systems having windows Xp on them and they are doing well. Both the computers are able to view themselves in the network and also the communications is possible. Now when I have attached one more system with the windows 7 operating system in to the home network them neither the computer is recognizing it and also the new one is not detecting the other two. I don’t know why this is happening and also not able to solve the same. So please somebody help me out of the same.

Re: Windows 7 unable to communicate on my home network.

If you are not able to solve the problem then what you have to do in this case is that in windows 7 you have to go to start and then select control panel and then click on all control panel items. And then just select the network and sharing and after that you have to click on "Change advanced sharing settings" band see whether it is using the home group and if it is using the same then you have to just don’t use the same and off it because you can’t use it unless and until all the systems are of windows 7 operating system.

Well this is the common problem that I have heard that there are few steps or precaution that you have to take before or even after connecting it to the home network. So what you have to do here is that just make sure that the following things are as shown:
    • Keep ON network discovery
    • Keep ON file and printer sharing
    • Keep ON sharing in the Public folder sharing section
    • Keep ON password protected sharing

And if these entire things are as per set then you will not get any issues what so ever.

Build up firewalls on all machines to permit the Local Area Network travel as trusted. By means of Windows Firewall, whirling on Windows 7's File and Printer Sharing as said it will take care of this for you. If you not organizing an intermediary firewall or have an antivirus/security series with its own firewall part, then you're all right. With intermediary firewalls, I usually build up the LAN stipend with an IP range. Make sure that you are not turning the firewalls OFF in fact you have to build up them properly.

I have gone through the problem that you are facing and it seems to me that I seem to me that I can help you out of this but I am not sure whether it will work for you but still you have to give it a try. Now what you have to do here is that create user accounts on all the three machines and make sure that the user id’s and the passwords matches in between them. And then try and start the system using this accounts simultaneously and I hope that this will work out for you and also will resolve the issue that you are facing.