Thread: WLAN is not working properly in Linux mint

WLAN is not working properly in Linux mint

I just installed Linux mint on my computer and it was doing well for me in the early days but now it has started giving me some small problem where I am not able to connect to wifi.I searched everywhere and I find nothing. And when I am opening the Firefox then the error message is thrown to me saying that “it is impossible for other applications and update such a connection is impossible “As you can see the network is ok without the owner driver of my usb wifi key now please suggest me here what I can do to solve this issue.

Re: WLAN is not working properly in Linux mint

So it's actually much simpler. I have the same wireless card, and is directly supported by the kernel. Be you do it well and you reconfigure and recompile the kernel, or you installed: linux_image-2.6.15.If you have an Intel you need to grab version 686. Normally reboot your card directly works. If necessary you can configure it in / etc / network / interfaces: if for example it is called eth0. To ensure worry type: iwconfig iwconfig.
    Then I let you adjust it later if eth1
    Code:
    auto eth0 iface eth0 inet dhcp wireless-essid "monessid" wireless-key
    Then you type
    Code:
    ifconfig eth0 up dhclient eth0 ifconfig eth0 up dhclient eth0

The wireless cards are becoming better recognized and often just walk directly. The wifi is configured with iwconfig, which belongs to package wireless-tools.
    • Under debian, this package is not present by default To install:

Code:
    sudo aptitude update 
    sudo aptitude safe-upgrade 
    sudo aptitude install wireless-tools
    • Otherwise, note the address for packages that aptitude tries to download, collect them (for example in a system or Wi-Fi works) and put them in / var / cache / apt / archives. Then run the command:udo aptitude install wireless-tools.

• Let us list now available maps. On laptops, make sure the switch on the wireless card is enabled (the LED should be lit even if Linux does not mean that much):

Code:
     no wireless extensions. 
    eth0 no wireless extensions. 
    wmaster0 no wireless extensions. 
    eth1 IEEE 802.11g ESSID: "xxxxx" Nickname: "" 
    Mode: Managed Frequency: 2.412 GHz Access Point: xx: xx: xx: xx: xx: xx 
              Bit Rate = 48 Mb / s Tx-Power = 27 dBm 
              Retry min limit: 7 RTS thr: off Fragment thr = 2346 B 
              Power Management: off 
              Link Quality = 57/100 Signal level =- 74 dBm Noise level =- 96 dBm 
              Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid NWID: 0 0 Rx invalid frag: 0 
              Tx excessive retries: 0 Invalid misc: 0 Missed beacon: 0
    In this case all goes well, a wireless card named eth1 was found. Depending on the machine and the mark, the card can be called differently (eth2, wlan0, ra0, ...), the only thing that matters is what appears in iwconfig. If the card does not appear in iwconfig is that the card is not supported.

Well I think that the router is not supporting the same properly and for that you have to take same initiatives. For holders of a Freebox, make sure the wifi is enabled on the web interface freebox and you are in router mode. Remember to configure any port forwarding you may need if you were in modem mode. For holders of livebox, press the button that flashes the LED-Fi (at the bottom of the livebox, or back of the livebox) For holders of wireless routers that filter on MAC address, add first the MAC address of your wireless card in the list of interfaces allowed by your router by connecting to Ethernet or USB interface on your router . You can retrieve this address with the ifconfig command:
    Code:
       sbin / ifconfig 
    ... ... 
    eth1 Link encap: Ethernet HWaddr xx: xx: xx: xx: xx: xx 
              inet addr: 192.168.0.13 Bcast: 192.168.0.255 Mask: 255.255.255.0 
    ... ...

I have gone through the issue that you are facing now what you have to do here is that just check out whether the drivers which supports the wifi to work properly are installed or not. And if the drivers are not installed then you have to just visit the official site and then just download the same and then install it on the system. I am sure that after installing the drivers will definitely help you to establish the connection and later on it will not give you any problems what so ever.