Thread: Atheros AR9285 disconnects in every few minutes

Atheros AR9285 disconnects in every few minutes

I recently purchased an ASUS K50ID on Newegg, and also attempted to attach this to my Netgear wireless-N through the Atheros AR9285. The connections started up devoid of a hitch, but I became aware to this after a while that the association would arbitrarily cut out for just a second. It was not bad enough to catch my attention at the time of browsing, but when I attempted to make use of Windows Live Messenger, it would sign me out every 3 or 7 minutes, and then told me to sign in once again. It would also say it had to reconnect the network, so it is not a software difficulty with WLM. I have disabled the choice to turn of the wireless card for power saving. I have seemed for manual driver updates, but the official Atheros site is puzzling and from time to time in another language also, and does not come into view to list of my card for drivers, only for other misc. information. I have checkered my router settings, etc, and it appears to be fine. It is just that blasted Atheros AR9285 and its reluctance to stay linked! Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give.

Re: Atheros AR9285 disconnects in every few minutes

Regarding this I will suggest you to make sure this along with ASUS I mean here that update all the drivers from the asus and firmware from the Netgear official website. Also make sure placement of the router - if it is earlier than 6 feet or too far away. Is there a lot of metal or electrical interference in the line of site or too many walls? And a different level floors or just distance. Obviously there could be somewhat wrong along with the new computer - or the router. So for this you just check regarding this on to the website I mean here that the official website so that, I am sure that you will get a kind of idea to fix this.

Related to this issue when I go to ASUS's driver website and I have checked regarding my model, so at that time it says to me that you should have an azure wave wireless card, so I am still having complexity in finding a download for Atheros's card. I have this similar matter. I have also put forwarded a help ticket to ASUS, and I updated my router's firmware as soon as I plugged this in. I was a bit too close to the router, on the other hand, but I do not have time at once to make sure if that was the issue. Thanks for the tips, I'll try it again in the morning and see how it goes.

I have the similar driver, similar difficulty, along with a brand new Lenovo S10-3t. The difficulty, as has previously been established, happens all over the place I go so it's absolutely not a matter with my home wireless. I will try recommendation which is given above, but it's been annoying - lots of help out there but nothing's worked for me so far. And the difficulty is in fact fairly incapacitating - especially if you synchronize documents on-line. It is more than simply irritating.

When I was facing the same issue so at that time I have reinstalled windows live messenger just for the reason that it appeared to*aggravate*the matter and installed the most recent windows updates, and it seems to not be having the matter any longer. I do not acquainted with if my particular matter was WLM-related, or if it was presently a known matter that was permanent in an update, but I have not had the disconnect issue lately.