Thread: What is OSPF

What is OSPF

Hey guys, I wanted to know about the term OSPF. I don’t have any idea about the routing protocol. I very much interested in knowing this routing protocol. How many routers are connected in this routing protocol? If anybody is aware of all this answer then please let me know as I am very keen in knowing about this routing protocol.

Re: What is OSPF

OSPF is conceivably the the largest part extensively used IGP in huge networks. It can function securely, using MD5 to validate peers before forming adjacencies, and before accommodating link-state advertisements (LSA). A normal descendant to the Routing Information Protocol (RIP), it was VLSM-capable or egalitarian from its commencement. A newer edition of OSPF (OSPFv3) now supports IPv6 as well.

An OSPF network can be conked out up into lesser networks. An extraordinary area called the backbone area forms the heart of the network, and other areas are associated to it. Inter-area routing goes via the backbone. All areas must attach to the backbone if no direct association is possible, a virtual link may be conventional.

Routers in the similar transmit domain or at each end of a point-to-point telecommunications link form adjacencies when they have identified each other. This recognition happens when a router sees itself in a hello packet. This is called a two way condition and is the majority basic relationship. The routers elect a chosen router (DR) and a backup designated router (BDR) which act as a hub to decrease traffic stuck between routers