Thread: Unable to delete the dialup connection

Unable to delete the dialup connection

Well initially I was having a dialup connection which is no longer ion use these days. Now the thing here is that I want to delete the dial up connection and I can’t find a way to do it. Actually I tried a lot to delete it but I am not able to do so. And whenever I am trying to have a connection then the dialup is selected first and as the connection is deactivated I am not having the internet access. It has become really irritating to close the pop up of the dial up connections. So please tell me the proper way to delete the dial up connection.

Re: Unable to delete the dialup connection

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that I can help you in this case so what you have to so here is that just go to start and then click on the control panel and then the control panel window and in that you will find the network connections window so just right click on the same and then select the delete option. After selecting the delete option it will prompt you whether to delete the connection or not then you have to select yes and if the system will ask you for the password then confirm the same.

If you are unable to remove the dial up connection then here are the steps that will help you delete the dial up connection:
    • First of all click on the start button and select the control panel
    • In that you have to select the add remove programs
    • After that the you have to click on the Windows Setup tab,
    • And later on select the Communications and click on the Details
    • Then you will find the Dial-Up Networking check box just uncheck it
    • And then apply all the changes and restart the system.

I was also facing the similar kind of problem a few days back where I was unable to delete the dial up connections. And I guess you to are going through the same phase now to solve the same what you have to do is just double click on My computer and then on the Dial up networking After that you have to right click on the on the connection and select the properties then record all the settings that you can including the TCP/IP . After that just go to start and then from control panel go to add remove and from that remove the dial up network connection and all the related data.

I am having the identical issue where the system is giving me the instant popup. Actually I am having the dell laptop and using the same from last few months and which has the windows vista operating system now the thing is that my system is giving me unnecessary pop ups regarding the dial up connection. The thing here is that I have already deleted the connection and still getting the pop ups. These pop ups are really irritating please help me to disable this pop ups.