Thread: What is a transparent proxy?

What is a transparent proxy?

I am come across to transparent proxy, but I am not having much knowledge about such proxies. After reading some basic concepts about it, I was wondering what is the difference between a normal proxy and transparent proxy? I am having this question because I am not aware with the transparent proxy. So I am here, just to know about it. please tell me what is a transparent proxy? More information about the transparent proxy would be helpful for me.

Re: What is a transparent proxy?

Transparent proxies improve the quality of service in navigating the Internet, delivering content to a higher -bandwidth and reducing latency in transmission. If we do not use proxies, Internet users would be passing on many occasions, for servers and slow links or hard, depending on the country where computers are located. Put another way, If someone has already downloaded a file you want or have seen a Web page that we want to see, is much faster than what we provide transparent proxy infrastructure, to return to the Internet and get it from there.

Proxies store content that is frequently accessed, and therefore keep it for others who want to see this content, do not have to go out again to catch Internet. The place where you store this content is called a cache . Goes something like this: A user requests a Web page from a Web browser . The network examines the request, and based on certain parameters, it redirects the request to a local network cache. If the cache does not have that web page, make your own request to the Web server . The Web server delivers the content to proxy caches that while it provides the user who made the original request. This content is stored. Later, when another user wants to see that Web page, rather than redo the request to the Web server, gives the copy is saved. This process reduces the download time for the user.

I was wondering what is the difference between a normal proxy and transparent proxy?
    The fact is that there is a big difference in the role they perform, or in performance. In fact, in many cases may be the same machine. The biggest difference is that with a transparent proxy, you have to do network settings for the http traffic is captured. To be built as part of the network architecture, all traffic on port 80 has to go through this transparent proxy. A small drawback has been the subject of many complaints by users, is that sometimes we do not see the updated page, and this is especially noticeable if the web that we are accessing, changing every few minutes. If the page has been modified with respect to which the transparent proxy is cached will not see this change unless we do a "refresh" page by pressing F5 or "Refresh" in the browser.

A "Transparent Proxy" basically consists of two components. First are the router the ports you want the logs mounted (for example, via iptables using a redirect) and then forwarded to a proxy. For users connecting through a transparent proxy in use is indistinguishable from a direct connection through the router. The presence of a transparent proxies offer the benefits that a proxy configuration settings on each PC can be omitted. A transparent proxy is basically a proxy that you must not be set up at the client. A router forwards all client requests on port 80 from a host to the proxy, it noted that the client did not want it. Many organizations (including businesses, schools and families) use proxies to strengthen policies for using the network or to provide security and caching services. Typically, a Web proxy or NAT is not transparent to the client application: it must be configured to use the proxy manually. Therefore, the user can evade the proxy by simply changing the configuration. One advantage of this is that you can use for enterprise networks. A transparent proxy combines a proxy server with NAT so that connections are routed into the proxy without client-side configuration, and usually without the client aware of his own existence. This is the type of proxy used by internet service providers (ISP). In Spain, the company further expanded in terms of ADSL is concerned, ISP Telephone, stopped using transparent proxy clients.