Thread: How to distribute broadband bandwidth among multiple PCs

How to distribute broadband bandwidth among multiple PCs

Anyone know a way to distribute the bandwidth to the different PC connected??, Ie if I have 300 available at most only 100 to each pc?? I have tried to do lot of things but was not successful anytime. So thought to take some help from members over here. And I also want to know that can I restrict some sites to other PC? I think that you members must have got what I want to say.?! Please reply me with details about it.

Re: How to distribute broadband bandwidth among multiple PCs

I would recommend you to install the PC NetLimiter. Otherwise, What you want is called load control on the network and is known by the acronym QoS. You'll have to mount a proxy server with that option, or use a router that has implemented this option. If I remember correctly, any linksys have this option.

And I also want to know that can I restrict some sites to other PC?
    Your PC if it could be a server, and from there to control everything I can think of a transparent proxy server and define policies, or numbers of connections. Are saying about a transparent proxy server people? I definitely think that software installed on each PC where the maximum allocated bandwidth and particularly the maximum number of connections to avoid saturation.

I want to know how to allocate the bandwidth on a local network by assigning a certain amount to each computer, the configuration of this network is, The server with 2 network cards assigned to an internet connection and therefore connected to the cable modem and the other to connect to other computers and thus connected to a Hub. server operating system is Windows XP pro and the other mostly Windows 98 but one that has Windows XP Pro, I have connected 2 hubs to another local area are assigned to the same network. I am expecting some help sooner.

I have the same concern, but in my case the internet is connected to the hub, and hence connect the others. No server, the problem is that a computer is taking all the bandwidth. I wonder if there is any way to distribute the bandwidth fairly. I searched the Bandwidth Controller but under this scheme (without server) should be installed on each machine, and so useless. This is my last hope, please provide me some solutions.

Of course net limiter, in the latest version that came out, you can set NetLimiter as a client and a server where you can assign each pc a certain couta of bandwidth, you can even see in real time the width of each PC, if you set WELL hosts, host user may not close, but if you want stricter control proxy advise you soon. "Netlimiter" can run at start up. Netlimiter - An internet traffic control tool to monitor applications Which access the internet and Actively control their internet traffic. connectionString Use it o set (download / upload) speed limits for applications or even single. NetLimiter so Allows you to share your internet connection bandwidth among all applications running on your PC.