Thread: How to set administrator password in firewall?

How to set administrator password in firewall?

I am working with the frontend of Linux firewall IPCop 1.4.21. I hope that some members over there must be knowing about it. Actually I am here, because I am having some problem while setting the password into my firewall. As I mentioned before I am using the Linux firewall IPCop 1.4.21. Is there any issue with these models? Anyone who have set the password, please tell me some steps that could be useful for me. Any other information about this firewall will also be grateful.

Re: How to set administrator password in firewall?

Now it is the root passwords for the user and admin set. The root user you need to log in to the command line of IPCop. User admin is the administrator for the Web interface that the firewall also fully administer and configuration changes can make in. You also have a backup password assigned. This uses the operating system to export the backup key safe. Modifications can be performed directly on the IPCop machine. Log in as root, type setup and press [Enter]. I am sure that you will be successful after following mentioned things.

I would like to tell you that in previous versions there were some problems while setting the passwords and the Tab key. These appear to be adjusted. When using the tab key the cursor jumps to the next field instead of the button as part of the password to deal with. I have also used the frontend that you were talking about. The web interface that lets you comfortably administer IPCop via mouse, access to port 81. You can use any Web browser by
    http:// <IP-address of IPCop-Computer>: 81
    type. Then you have to accept a self-signed certificate, because the operating system allows only encrypted administrative activities. During installation, you entered a password for the admin user account. These data are needed now if you want to change or configure the web front end or something.

The functions in the register tab "System", behind this tab to hide various system functions such as the update-menu, the password, the settings for the SSH access, or details of user interface and data backup. you should also know about the Updates of the version that you are using. There is only version 1.4.21 as an update. After a clean install of 1.4.20 and output access to the Internet, IPCop has pointed out that a newer version is available. Nice, you have to completely reinstall IPCop not. For existing installations, it is usually sufficient to download a small file. The easiest way to find the patch by clicking the info link on the right. When the update is successfully recorded, the system displays this under "Installed Updates" on. It is possible that an update does not work the update list. A corresponding button clears the cache in this case, the Squid proxy server.

Would you like to IPCop console level via the SSH protocol remote wait, you first need the SSH server enabled. The firewall operating system would support SSH version 1 in the even that you need but only for older clients. In addition, you can set whether IPCop is to allow a TCP forwarding. As methods for the application of an SSH client you are password based authentication and authentication based on public key available. You can either one of the methods or allow both. In the lower section of the browser window, the so called Fingerprints of IPCop. You need this for authentication based on public key. Please note that the SSH daemon listens on the non-standard port 222.

The firewall operating system has a built-in data backup that you hand on the shell level eliminates tedious. Do you want a backup create, you can do in this screen, you can create the meantime there removable media for backup use them. However, IPCop accepts only FAT file systems to it. With portable media, you can transfer the configuration to a completely fresh system. Data backup sets, you may need to choose what you want to restore the system as you. Here you have the option to the currently selected backup set on the export-Link store. With the import. Dat button you could import configurations. During installation, you have as already mentioned the possibility to use those backups. This saves you a complete reconfiguration of the operating system. IPCop allows you to dial up to five different profiles. The other settings such as idle waiting time, reconnection, authentication, and DNS entries are self-explanatory. The best part: The failure of a dial can independently choose the automatic profile a different profile as backup to run. An example scenario could be that the DSL dial-up profile of a failure. After five failed attempts jumps in the ISDN dial backup line that you have configured.

IPCop is, as mentioned above, various additional services. These include a Web proxy, a DHCP server , Dynamic DNS services, an NTP time server, traffic shaping and Intrusion Detection. The proxy "sharp" mode, it is enough to put a hook in the activation. You are free to keep the proxy transparent or not. A transparent proxy has the advantage that you do not have to reconfigure the Web browser. Firefox and Co. are enabled transparency supplied automatically by the proxy. In most cases, the setting "Transparent" is recommended. You can also subscribe to this mask an upstream proxy server. For example, it could be that IPCop or by another proxy server must be that even requires authentication. Cache management and transfer restrictions are self-explanatory. A restriction on transfer of "0" simply means an unlimited volume of traffic.