Thread: Poor Wireless Performance in linux mint

Poor Wireless Performance in linux mint

I am new to this Linux world and so that’s why I am not aware much of its functionality. Actually frankly speaking working with Linux is far much better than in the windows. I have only one issue regarding the Linux. The issue is the wireless performance. It is what I can say as the worst when I compare it with the performance that I saw In the windows. The wireless connectivity is infrequent and gets disconnected often and also the best speed is the half of the speed that I used to get when I had windows. So any suggestions for this one.

Re: Poor Wireless Performance in linux mint

Well what you can do is check whether the IPV6 feature is disabled or not. You can enable it by right clicking your network icon . Just try with this suggestion and you may get your results. I have come across various people who claim to have problems with the Linux operating system. So I have suggested them this solution and that has worked out for them. So do try this solution and it will definitely work for you.

I would suggest you to go with the network manager and then check if there is a difference in the network control. So you can go for the network manager for your network connections. It provides much better features. So it is better to go with the network manager. While if you want to know more about the other network controls than there is wicd and also the wpa_gui. They are also good network controllers.

Hey thanks for the solution. Well I have got the necessary solution. I checked with the IPV6 feature of the network connection options and it was disabled. So I enabled it and it seemed to work perfectly fine. Now the wireless connection does not break and hence I am enjoying working with my laptop. So all thanks to you all for helping me with the solutions. Really i appreciate your efforts.