Thread: Suggested Security Implementations while setting up Linux

Suggested Security Implementations while setting up Linux

I am new to this Linux world. I have recently changed to the Linux operating system. As per now the experience was good and I have no complains with it. Now I want to set up a good security settings such that it does not gets hacked by the hackers. Well I had a very terrible experience with the windows. So that’s why I am trying to do a fresh start. So what possible security implementations can you suggest that will be good for my Linux operating system? Suggest me some of the latest security means that will help me in the security as well as it would be easy to operate. So if you are having any idea of such configurations then do let me know as soon as possible.

Re: Suggested Security Implementations while setting up Linux

If you ask me I would like you to go with the Security Enhanced Linux popularly known as SELinux. It is a very advanced security system which is designed for the military purpose by the US government. Although the working of SELinux is a bit complicated and so that’s why you will have to take time to adjust to its settings. Well if you are looking for a light weight program for the network security then you can definitely go with the Snort program. It is very effective and at the same time keeps your network protected. It is made for both windows as well as the Linux operating system. So you can definitely go with this option.

Well let me tell you I am a Linux user from the past few years and I have no complaints regarding its security. It’s extremely safe and so that’s why it is very effective. Well if you are looking for a good firewall then I can suggest you some good firewalls from the internet. But for me the bet of slot for the firewall is Firewall builder 4. It has a very simple GUI. Also it has got a unique management for the different firewalls and it supports various numbers of firewalls in it. It can also manage other things like network interfaces and static routes which can be critical device configurations. So according to me you must definitely have a look over this particular product.

Well I can give you some more information on other devices which can be very essential in terms of security in your system. One such is root kit hunter. It is a very effective device against all the rootkits which really affects our systems performance to a very big extent. Well there is also tripwire IT solutions. You can use their package and be ensured about the security for your system. So there are various such security systems available and you can go with any of them. I hope you got the necessary solution.

Well, yes I definitely got a lot of options for the security of my system. Thanks to everyone for helping me out. Your suggestions were really very valuable. I think all the suggestions were to be counted and I checked with all of them. Of them all I think I will go with the Firewall builder 4. As I have never heard of it before. After your suggestion I went through its websites and I found the product to be very interesting. So that’s why I think I will better stick to this product only.