Thread: Recognizing the Valid Ip address while pinging the gateway

Recognizing the Valid Ip address while pinging the gateway

I have got a desktop system in which I had installed network card in it, I was using a home network once, and I had faced internet issue once , so I was being told to ping the IP address and the default gateway , but I did not know what to do further , I just know that there are different Ip addresses derived after pinging the gateway , But I cannot distinguish which is the Ip address is valid and which is invalid , is there any one to guide me on this subject , so that in future if I get any sort of invalid Ip address, I can take effective measures in order to overcome the internet issue. I am waiting for your response.

Re: Recognizing the Valid Ip address while pinging the gateway

A valid IPaddress should be in the state of xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, where xxx is a number that ranges from 0-255. There are some reserved addresses (RFC 1918) that cannot be utilized. 10.x.x.x is not supposed to be used with 192.168.x.x, and from the range of 172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255. If you derive IP address in this arrangement, but do not possess a router, your service provider might be using a NAT network, which will stop you from running a server.

Once you have managed to describe a custom subnet mask that satisfies your necessities, the next step is evaluating the series of IP addresses that are valid for a given network . Keep in mind that after a normal subnet mask is definite, you have in fact turned one large network address space into a figure of lesser sub-network address spaces. Due to this reason , a few addresses will no longer be measured local to one another.

If you are getting an IP address that resembles 169.xxx.xxx.xxx it is an invalid Ip address. IP address it is allocated by the by Windows because of the fact that an IP address was not attained from a DHCP server. Such thing can happen ad you receive such IP address because of the bad connection, an issue with the DHCP server or a bad Network card . If you wish to check it you can open a command prompt and type in the command ipconfig/release and if that command does not show anything you can try out the ipconfig/renew.

The IP address 0.0.0.0 has particular significance on computer networks. Computers usually show an address of 0.0.0.0 when they are not linked to a TCP/IP network. Having this address, a system cannot be get to or converse with any other machine over IP.TCP/IP software applications also utilize 0.0.0.0 as a programming method to watch network interchange from any valid IP address. While connected systems do not utilize this address, packets carried over IP sometimes include 0.0.0.0 within the header when the source of the packet is unidentified.