Thread: Ad-Aware not compatible with Norton 360

Ad-Aware not compatible with Norton 360

A brief message from Lavasoft support today: Ad-Aware is not well-matched with Norton 360 and it will clash with Ad-Aware so in turn for Ad-Aware to effort correctly you require to uninstall Norton 360. It just cost me the charge of Ad-Aware Pro to confirm this fact, and a few needless work, obviously. So please provide some more hints or some more information about this issue.

Re: Ad-Aware not compatible with Norton 360

The majority products which act in real time and execute every of the similar functions are going to clash with each other. Safety products are all profound into the operating systems and are not prepared to coexist with every other. If you want additional programs to check up and run as on demand scanners, you can utilize the free versions of Malware bytes and the free version of SUPERAntiSpyware and renew those programs every time you wish to run them. These 2 programs will not hinder with your Norton product. You utilize them as on demand scanners.

Since today, I had Ad-Aware in succession on two laptops, one with Microsoft Windows 7 Professional and Ad-Aware Professional, the other with windows XP and Ad-Aware free. Both have Norton 360 v4 installed. The last mixture works well but the one with Windows 7 in progress having grave start-up troubles previous week. Mind you, I have the Ad-Aware virus scanner immobilized. I lastly located the trouble to Ad-Aware, but what the accurate reason is, that is beyond my capabilities.

Clean install no registry troubles later than installation. Full scan was quick sufficient, an amount of files resulting in over a TB on two hard disks, one external USB hard drive and a USB attach in one and a semi hours while I had CPU intensive applications running in the background. No fake positives. Definition update worked well even though I had two rivals downloads overwhelming the complete bandwidth. An extra plus goes for the information on what was built-in in the updates. Updates appear to be completed on recurrent and usual basis. SAS also gives a download manager able link with resume ability for manual updates, which is useful in case you are utilizing a slow internet connection. But it prepared Ad-Aware Professional collapse, now what on earth does that tells you? An on demand scanner? It did not have any troubles with Norton 360, though, as you thought. SAS seems very much okay, on the other hand, I am not going to persist using it, because I do not truly know how fine it is in its essential work.

It is right that you should not have other than one tenant antivirus program in succession. They do not balance each other, but will in its place clash each other as every attempt to perform the similar task. That is why it is not probable to plan an excellent antivirus program which is well-matched with others - the antivirus requires assessing every file as it is accessed and while two programs attempt to do this at the same time they can interfere with each other and cause performance problems on the computer.