Thread: Norton Identity Safe: Backup file and Print out information

Norton Identity Safe: Backup file and Print out information

Today I realized I have 150 logins in Norton’s identity safe and just about 40 of them entered in manually into an Excel worksheet. I wish to be able to print out the information as a written backup of the information as a minimum on a monthly source and I would as well like to have an electronic unencrypted manuscript or Excel formatted file which I can reference while required. Reviewing Forum items concerning this query it seems that Norton does not allow this to be done except you permit your subscription to finish, after that you can recover the information in a .csv file that can be opened in a readable format by Excel, or backup the file in a NPM file format which can just actually be unlocked by Norton since it is encrypted and if that is the case then I am back to square one not capable to a printable, readable file format, both physically and automatically. Since this information is my information, I don't recognize why I have to go through hoops to get it in a physical and automatic backup format? If I unlock the NPM file in a text format it is encrypted and is mainly ineffective. If I have to allow my subscription end in order to get the information in .csv file format thus I can have it automatically and a manual print out for backup, after that I can just technically get this backed up one time a year in a readable format, every time going through the ache of letting the subscription expire, and after that have to renew once more? I.e. another more than 100 logins will not be recorded. Does this make any logical sense? Why cannot I acquire it printed out or in a format automatically which I can read and backup? If somebody has a true way out for this please reply and let me know.

Re: Norton Identity Safe: Backup file and Print out information

I read this as if the OP had completed this when Norton 360 was installed and lively then the contents of the Identity Safe could have been saved to CSV and thus readable or introduced into your worksheet. I don't have Norton 360 installed on this computer and just have Norton 360 V5 public beta on a tested not functioning at present. Do you be familiar with from experience which you cannot do this export from a usual installation?

Start with Norton Internet Security 2011; it is feasible to overseas Identity Safe data as a .csv file at anytime, before having to wait until the end of the license. I do not utilize Norton 360, but I would surely assume that version 5, currently in Beta, would as well have this ability. Possibly someone else with this setup could check in the Help center below "Identity Safe, exporting data" to confirm if this is so. With a suitable subscription to a present version, you would be able to improve for free while the next version is officially released.

I presently have Norton 360 Version which is the majority updated version existing. You can backup your data in a NPM file but you cannot print it out. If you take it to one more Norton PC to load it on there, it actually can be completed, but once more not in a printable or downloadable file format. It is just into the Identity Log information format. The trouble is that the coexport.exe files alternative will not effort if you have a present copy of Norton 360 working on your PC. You have to let the Norton expire on your PC to be able to access that executable file. It presents the below error message while I attempted previous to execute the program:
    • Export Tool

This tool can just be utilized while your subscription for the product has finished. Please utilize the Backup Identity Safe Data task on the Identity Safe chief window. While I performed that, it saves it as an NPM file format that is encrypted and will just unlock with Norton software on one more PC, which after that once more would leave me in the similar condition, without a printable, savable, readable file. Obviously if they have place the functionality into Norton 2011 sufficient people have protested regarding this worldwide. If so why not place it into an update for every Norton users of their software?

I am not the sharpest tool in the hut, but it would appear to me that one could overseas the NPN file to a flash drive and after that is able to bring in it into the Laptop which has a Norton program previously setup on it. It could actually be done earlier than leaving home so that the Laptop Identity Safe data was the similar as the desktop at the time they left home. Don't even have to take a flash drive with them that way. I know this does not obtain them printed out, but if they are a flash drive do you truly require them printed out?