Thread: What does a NAT router do

What does a NAT router do

Hey Guys, I was thinking to install a NAT router in office but I am not aware of it. Is it effective if I installed NAT router in my office? Is it connected to internet or what? I want to actually know what a NAT router can actually do. I have heard a lot from my friends but still I haven’t seen it anywhere. So, looking at this scenario do you think is it good to use? If anyone having any information or knowledge about this query then please let me know.

Re: What does a NAT router do

Well, I think that a NAT router generates a local area network (LAN) of confidential IP addresses and interrelates that LAN to the wide area network (WAN) known as the Internet. The Network Address Translation (NAT) executed by the router allows numerous computers system coupled to the LAN at the back of the router to correspond with the outdoor Internet. Even though NAT routers are not normally acquired for their security reimbursement, all NAT routers intrinsically function as very valuable hardware firewalls.

You must know that when we are talking about NAT as a hardware firewall they thwart spontaneous, unforeseen, unnecessary, and potentially infuriating or treacherous traffic from the public Internet from passing from beginning to end of the router and coming toward the within the user's private LAN network. When any acknowledged packets arrive at your destination at the router from the Internet, the router checks its present connections table to see whether this data is predictable by looking for the isolated IP and port number in the existing relations table.

As the NAT router relates the inside confidential network to the Internet, it sees the whole thing send out to the Internet by the computers on the LAN. It remember each gregarious packet's objective IP and port number in an inside connections table and assigns the packet its own IP and one of its own ports for compliant the revisit traffic. To conclude, it accounts this information, beside with the IP address of the inside machine on the LAN that sent the extrovert packet, in a present connections table.