Thread: Security settings for the Applications folder in windows 7

Security settings for the Applications folder in windows 7

In C: \ Program Files I have a package of Apache server, MySQL server. Now if I edit one of my scripts I need to have administrative privileges, as I am inside the Applications folder. This is very annoying, but somewhere in the remote this has to be done. However, to explain just as a flaw in Windows 7 or gross nonsense of the security settings is the following: By "substituted" is the www folder of the server the drive letter "W" assignable. Unless it works and I can connect all the files to W: to see and open. Actually I want to change a file or create a new folder via Explorer but I am getting the error message. At the moment I can only halfway decent working if I put in the user account settings to "never informed" what I really wanted to avoid. Is there any workaround?

Re: Security settings for the Applications folder

Whether the W7 is suitable web server now, I just let hang in the air. The security design is now einwenig times annoying, but justified. Windows 7 is certainly not exactly the same as the Uniform Server is ideal for a Web server). I had forgotten to mention that I locally with PHP, MySQL and AJAX Web scripts developing. Later, they will naturally run on "real" web server. The "subst" command is executed by a batch and Windows 7 by default batch generally forbids me to run as administrator. Opponent option under "Privilege Level" is greyed out. It can be so useful, the security design for average user as it can be annoying for people who just want to do something more / need. I had already found some workarounds, and always new problems arise.

Just annoying it can be for people who just want to make something more / need but they do not know what they do. The "subst" command is executed by a batch and Windows 7 forbids me general batch Have not tried it, but we would be with the local security policy / GPO. So you might as well be right back. Here I am now wondering how I can affect the local security policy for me to get the desired effect. I have just looked through, but found nothing useful. I thought group policies applied locally with gpedit.msc

AppLocker so-called "control strategy applications," the system is Windows 7, a security feature supplementary. Utilization Administrator AppLocker can be easily configured to meet the user can program a computer that can run to install files the script is based on executer. AppLocker management strategy group and configuration, so we can easily deploy the entire network environment, we can say once and for authors with examples of this feature for testing and analysis. Please log in as administrator by default, the user can run any programs, scripts, and no limit to the installation of logic.

Re: Security settings for the Applications folder in windows 7

Enforceable rules similar to the administrator could create a "Windows Installer rules" and "Rules script." And "rule executable" that not only can quickly create a default rule may also be necessary to create custom rules. Thanks to the "rules of the Windows installation, the administrator can restrict standard users to install the application. Be noted that by setting" file hash "conditions, cannot guarantee a user install trusted applications (msi to install the program only), the number of degrees to prevent unauthorized installation of the system to control due to intoxication. "Rule Script" to create and use and similar to what above, may be adopted in the strategy management system ensures reliable operation of writing, and eliminate the risk of executing the script.

Re: Security settings for the Applications folder in windows 7

AppLocker Windows 7 new entries in the systems management of the Group's policy are very useful to improve the system of Microsoft applications to upgrade the capacity of security, while giving managers greater liberty. AppLocker in Group Policy Manager, there are two items related to the management and the software is interesting that a "software restriction policy" (in then "Windows Settings" then "Settings Security "below), another " Run only specified Windows applications "(in the" User Configuration " then " Administrative Templates " then " System "below ). Believe me, if a flexible implementation of security strategies group at three Windows 7 application point will be further improved.