Thread: UMTS and LAN connection at a time in windows 7

UMTS and LAN connection at a time in windows 7

Hope someone can help me. Following is problem: Lenovo x201 with Windows 7 Professional. UMTS connection is established with integrated UMTS modem and SIM > connected to the Internet. But once a corner RJ-45 cable to the LAN just to put something, it immediately breaks the UMTS connection. I have already set priorities. "Mobile Broadband" so UMTS is in front of "Local Area Connection" in adapter settings / advanced settings. Are there any other network policies, etc? Thank you in advance for the answers. I have explained the problem that I was facing and now need the solution for the same.

Re: UMTS and LAN connection at a time in windows 7

I am also having Lenovo for me, and I think that this problem is not related to the connection manger. Normally the connection manager has the ability to disable the network interface, if LAN is active. I think that you must look at the opportunities and the profiles for that purpose. Look in the configuration of IBM Access Connections, more active to the site profiles. This problem is already proposed the same direction. Then you can define the settings for each location profile defines what should happen when connecting. For the LAN card may be configured so that all other connections are disconnected. Possibly you have the view in Access Connections first on "Advanced" switch to set these details in the site profiles.

With the Access Connections I've tried any setting. As soon as I run an Internet connection through UMTS in and then plug a LAN cable, he tried over the cable connect to the internet, but yes of course not work because it no Internet. It further ignores the then existing UMTS connection. The problem must lie much deeper, to give any services of Windows 7, where the instruction to do so. See I have checked for all the things that you have suggested but there is no way out for the problem. If you have any other suggestion then please let me know. I will be waiting for the related reply.

I would first remove the software from Lenovo residue. It would not make the first time the 3rd party tools, problems. Uninstalling Access Connections to manage the connections Windows, itself is not the solution. There must be a service in Windows 7. You must contact Microsoft directly for this probably, but then it is expensive: Maybe someone else has an idea for solving the issues. See the choice is yours. I mean to say that it depends on you what you want do and how much time you are have for achieving the same.

Notebook can go through UMTS to the Internet, but unfortunately, the UMTS Then on the LAN connection. So the internet connection at the UMTS connection (Control Panel > Network Connections) get the LAN connection (Wired) an IP from the UMTS connection. Unless Sogut, Internet and LAN is same. Unfortunately, I must make in the LAN connection set to make one IP. If the user now changes the location and then it gets no connection, as another network and fixed IP. I have but there are a router and DHCP does. Now my question: Is it possible the UMTS Internet connection again and loop through LAN and thereby give an IP via DHCP to the LAN connection?

The LAN connection never gets an IP of the UMTS connection, because then it must get a public IP. If you only once in command of active UMTS connection would have typed in ipconfig, you would have seen the same self that your statement regarding the de facto IP Addressing not right! After close to your rudimentary versions of top are you trying an ICS connection to work to bring, ie to make the connection all the other participants in the UMTS network and the Internet using the laptop for, right? If you do ICS, then forces Windows operating system given a fixed IP network on the LAN connection (192.168.0.0 / 24 XP / Vista and Windows 7, the 192.168.137.0 / 24). This is by Microsoft so firmly set and cannot be changed! When you change it no longer works the ICS connection! Conclusion: You can say with an ICS connection NOT changing IP addresses on the LAN port! This is generally not with Microsoft operating systems ie Windows. You must own with the IP network at ICS live also!