Thread: DSL modem says wireless and light is not turned on

DSL modem says wireless and light is not turned on

I have been using a DSL modem from AT & T. when I first bought, it was working perfectly. After several days it jus screwed up. The DSL modem is saying that Wireless and the light is not turned on. I didn’t get it first time. But later I assumed that it is telling me that I don’t have a separate router. Is it right? Does it really mean that I don’t have an external router for it? If this is wrong, then what the modem really means. When I looked into my DSL modem which come from AT & T says letters wireless and there was green light but it wasn’t turned on. Why is this so?

Re: DSL modem says wireless and light is not turned on

Not essentially. Primarily probable it denotes that moreover no individual is hook up to your modem wirelessly at the moment; otherwise it's been twisted off within the config file. Simple method to locate out is to carry out this. Open the command prompt in your computer and type ipconfig then and hit enter. A digit will arise beneath the defaulting gateway. Write down those numerals. Currently, release an IE window and type that digit in the URL bar. That ought to get you toward the admin sector of your router where you are able to verify to observe if it's turned on or not. Be care full while doing this. Don’t mess up if you don’t know much information about.

As you said that you got the model from AT & T. So I advice you have to call AT & T and get the information about your modem to turn on the wireless connection. While concerning them don’t inform them that you are connecting an additional PC. Moreover if they ask you about this just tell them that I need to connect to my laptop for few daya days. And tell them the reason is your Pc is not working now. They ought to provide you the IP where u can set off and turn it on the wireless connection. After that I hope the green light must appear on.

A characteristic modem (broadband and wired) might contain 4-5 indicators or light similar to the Power, DSL, Internet, Ethernet and USB. On the other hand one is able to connect his broadband by means of both the USB otherwise the Ethernet. On some occasion the indicators may perhaps turn off. This may be due to whichever sort of link failure or else due to the impermanent overload inside the servers. Nevertheless, the lights possibly will blink subsequent to a hardly any minutes to hours. If the trouble perseveres then we are able to recheck the connection cables and then put in them one more time over again. Make sure the telephone link excessively; occasionally the phone might be inoperative.

You almost certainly encompass the 2wire router from AT&T, if the wireless indicator is not turned on that denoted the router is not identifying whichever wireless adapter you have. You have to to confirm that the wireless adapter inside your PC is on the go & permitted. You don't require digging up an additional wireless router for now. Right now what you really cover there is a modem and wireless router combination. So don’t spend extra money for waste.

The light is supposed to for all time be solid representing that it is lying on. If it is not on, verify the control adapter otherwise endeavors an original power passage. The Test indicator must be on barely when the router is foremost twisted on or else if it is reorganize. If it is forever on, your router might encompass a hardware trouble. The Internet connection beam must be firmly on when the router is linked to a LAN, DSL, and otherwise Cable modem. The Wireless light must be steadily on by the side of each and every one instant. Still when there are not whichever wireless modems linked in the direction of the router. The WLAN movement glow ought to sparkle when packets being drive or established from.