Thread: What is telnet and ssh?

What is telnet and ssh?

Hello everyone, well I am new to networking as a result I would be in reality glad on the way to have a guide to TELNET and SSH. How it works as well as what are the commands we make use of there. Please do give details me somebody as well as what is used for? I am sure this topic will as well be helpful to most of the newbie similar to me in networking. Thank you in advance for your valuable suggestion.

Re: What is telnet and ssh?

TELNET: The term refers to the remote connection to a PC; this is possible thanks to Internet Protocol TELNET. It is customary to make use of the expression "make a TELNET ', thereby saying that we are going on the way to carry out a remote terminal mode connection by means of a machine in which we are entitled. On the other hand, many machines can make a TELNET them as guests so that we can access the public information available, and which does not require authorization.

Telnet is an insecure protocol, so it has almost stopped using. Now we typically make use of Secure Shell or SSH protocol which is another very similar, although with substantial safety improvements. Looking for a webmaster would state that would telnet to connect to a web server, which might be in a data center far from our office, as if we were functioning in front of him. Once inside the PC, you can carry out any type of remote configuration actions, such as accessing the file system or configure any server issue, as the web server, mail, php, planning daily tasks, etc.

Telnet is a distinctive service that comes with dedicated servers. As a dedicated server only uses a single user, telnet be able to be configured to your liking whatever thing from the server. Once we have a dedicated, we can distinguish that through telnet us well how to carry out some administrative actions, for example backups, migration, automatic scheduling of periodic tasks, repairs to server falls, etc.Telnet is not secure. SSH is certain. At what time we connect by means of telnet to a server we have on the way to send our username and password. These critical data are sent via plain text without any encryption; as a result anybody could read if it is "listening" to our communications.

On the way to avoid this grave security problem using SSH, which is a network communication protocol very similar, however in all ride in an encrypted communications? SSH usually works on port 22 as well as telnet programs that permit as normal is also possible to SSH. This is sometimes called "ssh telnet."SSH is most often used on the way to set up connections from a definite PC to a remote machine above a network, on the way to carry out commands as well as transfer files between them.
    Last edited by Amie; 29-12-2010 at 06:26 PM.