Thread: Cannot diagnose internet failure through link lights

Cannot diagnose internet failure through link lights

I have a desktop system , I am using a Windows 7 operating system , I have installed a Solid state drive in my system, although my system works fine , my internet is not working, the link lights are not able to diagnose what exactly the issue is . I am using an unlimited plan from Airtel , So it will be very much helpful if you post back your reply and give your valuable suggestions. I am waiting for your response.

Re: Cannot diagnose internet failure through link lights

Well if you saying that the link light are steady then there is no issue with the signal , I think you should check the Network card whether it is installed properly or not, for that you will have to open the chassis after turning off the system and then on the mother board check whether the network card or NIC is properly mounted over its slot, you can remove and mount it back and again check the connectivity.

Well I think you should contact the service provider, it seems that you are not receiving a bad IP address, a bad IP address is received when there is no signal and the router sent back its own Ip address so this might be the possible reason for your network failure , Airtel seems to be a good service provider you will get your issue resolved without any issue. You can post back with the latest update and tell me again with your reply post.

The link lights mean the light that is on the modem or the router, but all of them do not have the those lights , so it will be difficult to determine if you cannot tell what is the actual status of the link lights. If the link lights on the device are steady then you have a strong signal , there might be some other issue. I think you should check the cables. I too think you should contact the service provider.

I neither think there is any issue with the router or cables or the link lights , I think there is some issue with the driver , hat you can do is you can check the status for the drivers of the router so if there is any exclamation or red x you can download the driver from your friends or relative place or use the cd that would have come along with the router.