Thread: Slow performance after installing Kaspersky Antivirus

Slow performance after installing Kaspersky Antivirus

I have got a desktop system, , I have AMD Athlon processor installed in my system, along with it I have 4 GB of RAM on my ASUS motherboard and a 5oo GB of Seagate hard drive installed , I too have external portable drive with me , it is of 320 GB.Although my system is quite new , but still it is performing very slow and very low than what I expect it should. Lately I had installed Kaspersky Antivirus in my system , since then it is working very slower, so for that reason I have posted my query what can I exactly do to get rid of this issue , please post back with your discrete suggestions. I am waiting for those replies.

Re: Slow performance after installing Kaspersky Antivirus

You said that you are facing this issue after you had installed the Kaspersky Antivirus software , so it is recommended that you uninstall that Antivirus and then see whether there is any sort of improvement in the performance of your system , it seems your Antivirus is out of date , so what you can do is uninstall the current Antivirus and then you can download an updated Antivirus and always keep he Automatic updates on if you are a regular net user.

Well if you ask my opinion then I think you should restore the system, you can restore your system and get to some state where your system was performing well and good than current's status. But bear in mind that you may lose some data since you are restoring your system to some previous state , this previous state is known as restore point, this restore points are sometimes manually creates or gets created automatically.

Well I think you have provided with incomplete information , According to your question that you have posted above it seems like you have more than one Antivirus installed in your system , this sort of issues of slow performance are mostly felt when multiple Anti virus applications exist in the system . If you have a fire wall or an extra anti virus software with an existing one then there are much more possibility that they will conflict with each other , so I think you should uninstall one of the Antivirus that you fell is less reliable.

Following are the steps that you can use that will help you to boost the performance of your system.

• You can do the Defragmentation of your disks , to do it

• You will have to click on the the Start button on the taskbar.
      • You will be able to locate the disk defragmenter in the system tools , then select the disk you want to defragment
    • Apart from the disk you can also defragment the registry , for that you will have to download a third party application , such as Auslogics Registry, then after that you will have to reboot your system.