Thread: PS extension keeps firefox.exe running

PS extension keeps firefox.exe running

I am using the firefox explorer and have recently installed the norton internet security 2010 in my computer. I have enabled IPS (2.0) extension. My problem is that whenever I close the Firefox Window then it disappears from the screen but it firefox.exe process still running in background. If I disable Norton IPS extension then it ends the firefox.exe process usually. Can it be the compatability problem. Please help me.

Re: PS extension keeps firefox.exe running

I don’t know the exact solution for this but if you want to close that completely from your computer then you can end that process from your task manager. Press alt + ctrl + del and this will open the task manager. Click on the process tab and this will list all the running processes in your computer. Search for the firefox.exe from that list and highlight that by giving that a left click. After that click on End process and this will end it completely.

You can try to run the Firefox in safe mode. This is not the Windows safe mode. Firefox is also having the safe mode. To run the firefox in safe mode, you have to go to All Programs > Mozilla Firefox > Mozilla Firefox (SafeMode). This will start the Firefox in safe mode. Check whether the issue occurs here also. I am quite sure that this will not happen here if it due to corrupted file.

You may be using the older version of the Firefox and so you are getting the problems like this. So you should search for the latest release of the Firefox and download it. Install that to your computer. This will make all the fresh files for it and can solve the issue. There are many cases where such issues get solved with updating the Firefox to the latest version. I recommend you to do the same and this will solve the problem for you.

I think that you should use the Norton internet security 2011. Norton internet security 2010 may have this problem. I am using Norton internet security 2011 on my computer and it is not showing me any problem with that. So my recommendation to you is to is to download the Norton internet security 2011 from internet and install it to your system. I can say that it will not show you any problem because I am also using that.