Thread: Norton Internet Security 2011: automatically deleted a 600 MB file I downloaded

Norton Internet Security 2011: automatically deleted a 600 MB file I downloaded

Previous night I downloaded some file. Later than the file finished downloading Insight scanned the file and after that removed it saying that it was a danger. I reached that site from some other site, a decent site regarding railroad simulators. I was pretty distress as I am pretty certain this was a false positive and I had just exhausted 600 MB of bandwidth, and time. Insight says "There are lots of suggestions that this file is unreliable and thus insecure."
    1. What are the 'many indications' the file is unreliable?
    2. Understanding Insight had received less than 5 downloads of this file, at what point does the figure of times a file being downloaded enhance it is reputation? If a file is decent, how do the primary users to download it get past Insight?
    3. I don't wish to immobilize Insight as I think it is a feasible and valuable function but I would like to learn extra regarding how to specially grip a file.

Re: Norton Internet Security 2011: automatically deleted a 600 MB file I downloaded

I also have the same issue and have some questions:
    1. I can submit this file as a fake positive, and have completed that one time earlier with immense results from the support folks, but it took quite a lot of days to get the problem resolved.
    2. I wish to download this file at present. I understand I can immobilize Insight and after that download the file another time. This does not go to the better problem of how do I decide a download's dependability earlier than I download the file?

I get one suggestion: is it not possible for Insight to report on the position of a file previous to starting the download merely by checking the file link or name at begins of the download? That would save any loss of time or bandwidth. I am thankful for any comments and additional thoughts.

Re: Norton Internet Security 2011: automatically deleted a 600 MB file I downloaded

It may be in your quarantine; in that case you can get better it, if you are sure the file is secure. I have NAV but I think it will be the similar or same in NIS. On key page click quarantine. Highlight the file and click on extra details. At the base of the details page click options. From there you should have an alternative to restore, probably as well one to restore and exclude. If not the latter, in settings, eliminate the file from all discoveries.

I have 18.1.0.37 with Pulse Updates all the time turned ON. I was able to reinstate the file by: Quarantine- More Options- Details- Restore. It still noticeable the file as high threat with a Trojan. I have not run the file up till now. I am going to download it another time and observe what occurs on the next download. Thanks to everybody for their assist up to now. I will be back in touch after the download is finished.