Thread: Activation for the USB system in Redhat

Activation for the USB system in Redhat

I was attempting to exercise my USB Optical mouse through my notebook in which RedHat operating system is installed, but not anything occurring when I inserted the mouse in. I establish many forum posts and assistance in pages explaining how to troubleshoot the problem of the mouse, how to perform this and various other things but my for it problem is mouse by this all assumed that the mouse was someway seen by the laptop and just not recognized (e.g. the eye was on), but mine did not performing anything the lens light did not show on, there were no communication about USB at boot. So anyone has come across this situation then please reply me as soon as possible.

Re: Activation for the USB system in Redhat

Well I think that you need check out on the internet about the kernel in your laptop and also check your local files, I means to say that check your kernel configuration tool in KDE. This will demonstrate about the USB support was not accumulating in your kernel! I will need to recompile a kernel, after up till now additional snooping about the system, I also suggest you check some drivers properly, and so I think you will manage to load USB support in to the Kernel with no problem, by using the loadable kernel modules.

I think there is a problem with the USB drivers. I suggest you to check the drivers for the USB device by going through the kernel. Before going through the kernel first you will need log in as root not with the user. If you do so ithen I don’t think that you could to handle the kernel properly because kernel contains most of the system folders installed in it. And it is also control by the kernel. So go through the kernel and check whether usb driver is present their or not.

Two months ago i installed REDHAT 8.0 and it has been working fine. Unexpectedly this week, when booting Linux inside the mouse is not active. In boot mouse come into view to be normal. If I go to install the form off my REDHAT disk 1, mouse workings I also have a DOS as well as the windows partition (on a dissimilar hard drive and no troubles with the mouse there). The mouse is a 2-bitton Logitech MX321 Optical mouse (by means of wheel as well as two side quick forward/back page buttons on its side)join through a USB port. Any ideas what is the problem or how to repair it to work inside the RedHat?

I think you will need to change the subsequent line in my/ett/modules.conf file.
    You will need to add the function inside the modules.conf controls. So you will need to change the following code:
    Code:
    usb-controller usb-ohci
    /sbin/lsmoc | more
     / var/log/messages
    This will work it out for you properly and afterward you must rrestart the whole system and then try to insert the usb drive.