Thread: Iwconfig shows error for wi-fi connection in Linux

Iwconfig shows error for wi-fi connection in Linux

I have a function that is performing on ARM processor Linux platform. My computer has Wireless LAN customer Interface. I was capable to examine for wireless lan contact point and was able to bond to it effectively through eth1 interface. After that I was capable to ping contact point IP address from my client. After little time, the connectivity go away and I don't perceive any contact point subsequent to scan. When I form the command as 'iwlist eth1 scan', I get mistake "eth1 has no results for scanning". Also if I written 'iwconfig eth1 cssid "<essid of access point>"', I get error as "mistake found for wireless demand "place ESSID" (8B2A) :
    SET unsuccessful on tool eth1 ; Resource momentarily engaged. " so any idea why this is happening so please reply me.

Re: Iwconfig shows error for wi-fi connection in Linux

I think there may be a solution but before that check for the following point:
    1. The system firstly distinguish and is capable to attach to the AP. This means that the necessary hardware/software is functional.
    2. After "a number of time" (not particular how long), the wireless misplace connectivity and cannot reinstate itself. I presume that rebooting will re-establish service. That means there is almost certainly a driver problem. Probably there is disrupting masking difficulty in the driver kernel system.
    So, what allocation + edition + kernel for this ARM board are you managing? What is the Wifi set that you are currently having ?

Yeah I think that after rebooting your system it may able to restores the service. "Several time" this means unsystematic time as it is unsystematic performance mostly experimented when there is significant traffic over the air through WLAN border that will cause you to get the error in the “iwconfig”. I think that this is right thought according to the circumstances which you are using. Because just previous to some time I may observe the several debug messages from driver viz. "Interrupt with Instant as 0xe0". So this could be driver problem that may cause you the error.

I have fedora 13 in my notebook pc has a WLan card supports 802.11 abgn.
    I want to force the WLan network card only to perform properly in 1 mode and not mixed. for example only in 802.11b or 12g.
    I attempted to do that by pefroming iwconfig wlan0 modu 11b but I get an mistake as follow :
    Error for wireless demand "Set inflection" (8B3F) : the connection failed and for the wlan0 ; procedure not supported.
    Also attempted to accomplish that by using iwpriv command but it gave me an additional error which says : no confidential ioctls
    Please assist me to solve this problem.

I think you have not login with you root when you entered that command; I'm thinking that the Linux is not much capable of supporting the command because you may have not login through the root user if you have logged in through the general user the Linux cannot able to interpret your command properly. So I will suggest you to check the drivers for this properly and check your login through the root user. Then try to check the internet connection on your computer.