Thread: How can I able to connect the WLan in Linux

How can I able to connect the WLan in Linux

I have installed ubuntu 9.10 on my desktop computer and attempted to connect to my home WLAN with an acer WLAN-G-US2 USB adaptor. The hardware is it seems that recognized, it shows up in the device manager as well as network-administrator as well as lsmod also does not illustrate that a zd1212rw driver has been loaded. However i'm not able to connect to my WLAN router (acer easybox 300 WLAN). As suggested from my friends, I twisted WEP/WPA to turn off on the router throughout my connection testing. But I still get the similar kind of message that I cannot able to connect the wireless Lan in the Linux.

Re: How can I able to connect the WLan in Linux

Wireless support in Linux can be quite perceptive to say the least. Most wireless seller base their cards on low-priced chip sets that contain no support for Linux. This can guide to many problem. Though there is a answer. Ndiswrapper is a utility for Linux that allows you to use Windows wireless drivers on your Ubuntu 9.10. I have exercised it numerous times on different computer and it is working very fine.

Once wireless router supports the WLan on your computer then exercise a wireless router on your network if:
    • you are creating your initial home network, or
    • you desire to re-build your residence network to be all-wireless, or
    • you desire to remain with your WLAN installation as easy as probable
    Attempt to set up your wireless router in an necessary location inside the home. The means Wi-Fi networking works, computers nearer to the router (usually in the similar room or in "line of prospect") understand improved network pace than computers added away.

Connect the wireless router to a control supply furthermore also to a source of Internet connectivity. All wireless routers carry broadband modems, and several maintain phone line associations to dial-up Internet service. If you require dial-up hold up, be certain to buy a router having an RS-232 serial port. lastly, since wireless routers have a built-in contact point, you're also complimentary to connect a wired router. after that, select your network name. In Wi-Fi system, the system name is frequently called as SSID. Your router and all PC on the WLAN have to share the same SSID. Though your router connect with a default name put by the maker, it's best to modify it for protection reasons.

Every Wireless adapter need you to select among communications form (known as "access point" mode in several arrangement tools) as well as ad-hoc ("peer to peer") form. When using a wireless contact end or router, place each wireless adapter for communications mode. In this form, wireless adapters mechanically sense and place their WLAN channel numeral to counterpart the access point (router). otherwise, place all wireless adapters to utilize ad hoc form When you allow this form, you'll see a split setting for channel number. Every adapter on your ad hoc wireless LAN requires corresponding channel numbers. Ad-hoc house WLAN configurations work well in homes with simply only some computers positioned quite close to each other.