Thread: Norton 360 Email Filter & Facebook

Norton 360 Email Filter & Facebook

On my system I have Outlook 2007 configured as the default email program. All is well with the Outlook but I really do not know what is causing me the issue here. Well I have seen that the issue is prominent with the notifications that I get from Facebook. At first I thought that the issue may be because of some settings in the Outlook but after searching on the internet I have discovered that this can be because of the Norton 360 that I have here. The notifications that I get from the Facebook are directly diverted to the JUNK folder of the Outlook and I really want to make the necessary changes so this can be stopped here. Please help me if some one has already come across this issue before. Any help in this matter will be appreciated.

Re: Norton 360 Email Filter & Facebook

Well you really cannot say where the issue actually lies until and unless you make trial for something. Well here is the thing that you can try here. You can try to have some other antivirus and see if that can solve the issue. As you have just mentioned that you are probably thinking that the issue may be because of the Antivirus then I am of the opinion that if you can try this you will be able to get something to start with here. After you give this a try let me know about the same here and will see if something can be done in addition to this.

Are you at all aware of the Anti Spam Allowed List. Well if you are not then let me tell you that it will be really great if you can put Facebook to this and see if after doing this it send the notifications that come from Facebook to the Junk Folder. Well if you speak technically then after making this change you should not at all get the issue here. The logic of the Anti Spam Allowed List is that if the program finds something that is really not suitable it treat is as spam and if you are sure that the sender is trust worthy then you will be required to just put the name of the sender in this list and then it will simply allow all the notifications and the emails from this sender as trustworthy and will allow communication without any break.

Looking at the things it seems to be that there are JUNK filters there and it might be like that the ISP of yours might have the junk mail filter and hence you are getting this type of issue here. On my suggestion if it is at all possible for you please have a check on this and then see if the notifications are getting placed in the right manner. IN addition to that I would also like you to see if you can turn off anti-spam on all the things that are taking part in this activity here. Please make this correction here and see if you can get the things in the manner that you actually wanted here for you.

Please check on the settings of the Firewall and see if this is the one that is responsible for the issue here. Well one can seriously blame the Firewall also for this. You will have to make the settings on the Firewall such that it can allow for all the connections and hence the Antivirus might not think that the notification that you are getting from the Facebook are some sort of spy. Please lower the settings on the Firewall and then see for the notification there.

I think that I have the solution for the case of yours here. Well this is the thing that you can try for and see if this can help a bit; just do one thing; copy the address of the Facebook responses in the Windows Live approved list. Well this is just a try and see if you can get out of this successfully. Hope that you will find this useful. Well if at all this does not go in your way then I would say that it will be great if you can have the reinstallation of the antivirus and see if that can really make difference there.