Thread: Help re-installing Norton AntiVirus.

Help re-installing Norton AntiVirus.

Hello, I just bought the Norton Antivirus and it ran greatly until a spyware someway got past it. The only thing I could believe to do was restore my machine to a previous time, so I did, and after that it asked me to update Norton. When I did, it now said I have no subscription remaining, but I should have more than the 300 days. I still kept that email, which gave away the Product Key of this application, but I am unable to locate a place to download one more, i purchased it online. Can I download the similar application which I purchased, or a similar one, without paying for it another time? I had used it for only one week. Please is there any solution for this?

Re: Help re-installing Norton AntiVirus.

How much did you restore your machine? Also did you make use of the Windows system restore or else do you restore from an image dependent backup to do a whole system drive restoral? The initial step is that we require to first verify that the malware was correctly dirt free from your computer before we try an effort to reinstall Norton Antivirus (NAV). If you already used Windows system restore, then this may or may not have totally detached the malware. System restore is not normally victorious at removing malware.

Please download, install, update and run the free edition of Malware Bytes by following the process shown here. Initially Download the free edition of the MalwareBytes from any of the preferred web sites, do not get the paid edition as it will get in the way with your Norton product. Please make sure that the "Update MalwareBytes" and "Launch MalwareBytes" alternatives are checked at the time of the installation. Then after that scan your computer system using the complete scan alternative. When scanning is finished, then you click on "Show Results" option. Confirm that all noticed threats are checked and click on "Remove Selected". After you have completed this then you should run a complete scan with your Norton software.

Once you had installed the Norton Antivirus then after have you tried an effort to run live update? If so, did you restart your system afterwards? After the MalwareBytes whole scan and you post the logs, then run live update on Norton Antivirus and check if it completes fruitfully. If it does, then you restart your computer system and run live update another time. Restart if additional updates are originated and then run the complete system scan.