Thread: Eth1 on my Ubuntu not working

Eth1 on my Ubuntu not working

I am trying to fix out Ethernet support on my Ubuntu system. Usually when you connect two computers together, the system is not simply seen on the network. I tried fixing the same but many a time the icon just flicks up and goes. It is right to say that everything is properly configured on Ubuntu and there is no changes needed to be done. I tried the same to fix the issue by installing old drivers but nothing helped. What can I do to fix my ethernet issue of my system. The most common way to connect machines on a LAN is to use Ethernet. There is no other way to run the same. I am also trying to get some security support on that.

Re: Eth1 on my Ubuntu not working

To configure networking under Debian, the easiest way is to configure it via / etc / network / interfaces and / etc / resolv.conf. In the the / etc / resolv.conf is for he ISP information and the IP addresses are the addresses to the name server called as DNS. For many network application, it is often important to define a hostname. The same is defined as - hostname nameofyoursystem. Before configuring a network ip , it is important to ask what you intend to make this network and how clients will manage your network. Indeed the number of client determines the IP address class to choose. If you wish to simply configure network applications and not have customers on the same network. You can get away with the loopback interface.

It is quiet better recommended to configure the same via root. On most Linux distributions, the loopback interface is already configured. To check that simply use - # / Sbin / ifconfig. Then you will need to enter interface in the routing table. Now this your loopback interface which is simply configured and to test your interface you have to use the ping command. The configuration of the Ethernet interface uses the same tools and the same methods as the Loopback interface. If still you are not getting a response out of that then you might need to reconfigure things back again. Ensure first that your network card is properly configured and installed in your system.

Most Ethernet adapters are recognized upon installation, for recent distributions of Linux. However, it must sometimes take the configuration adapter too recent change adapter, update driver etc. You have to set up the same in the free slot of your card. Later on you will need to install the tcpip tools via packages and recompile the kernel with the options of TCP / IP Networking and the Network device support . You do that with or without the use of modules and the driver of the Ethernet card with its corresponding values. And the network connected to this card will be controlled by an abstract interface.

NFS as its name implies, is a file system for the network. Unlike SAMBA which is intended to share files between platforms UNIX / Linux and Windows NFS is aimed at sharing platforms between UNIX / Linux. Thanks to NFS, you can finally share files over a network with complete transparency. I will recommend you to start with tcp-wrappers for which it is necessary to install portmap. If you are like many, users of RPM based distributions, DEB or TGZ, simply to use software called as urpmi, rpm, apt-get or installpkg to install it. If applicable, you will have to go through the sources for downloading the same.

All distributions based packages certainly create automatically the necessary scripts to use NFS during installation, but for others, you must do it manually. The following commands should be executed every time you start your machine, so remember to automate the task for not having to clutter in every time. By putting, for example, the corresponding lines in / etc / rc.d / rc.local. If you want to use the NFS client, the only thing to do for you is to run portmap. But for safety it is strongly recommended to add two other programs. For programmers NFS is quiet nice, because the configuration has resulted in the ultra-fast editing.