Thread: UI Stub crashes

UI Stub crashes

Each time I switch on my computer I receive an error message which says: "UI Stub has encountered a trouble and have to close". Norton techs have logged into my computer two times, uninstalled Norton 360, and re-setup it. But then also, receive similar error message. I have given up on their tech support. This took about 5 hours whole. I don't have that much time to sit and talk with them on the phone with. Does anybody have a fix for this?

Re: UI Stub crashes

Just provide me few details. What is the version of N360 you are using? Please provide the full version in the format xx.xx.xx.xx you can discover it below Help and Support- About. Which Operating system and service pack are you functioning with? There was a same problem posted in the many forums, but that was with a beta version of N360 v5. As well, did the tech support staff utilize the Norton removal tool later than uninstalling N360?

Has this been occurring right from installation of the product or can u memorize any current modification to your system later than which this has been occurring? Possibly, Windows updates, Norton live update, or you altering the display settings and so forth. Please attempt altering the display settings and verify if the trouble still continues. What occurs while you click on the N360 shortcut on the desktop? Does the similar error message arise?

I also have the same problem and it actually in progress, not certain how extensive after, I transformed my subscription, cannot memorize any modifications. My Windows and Norton Live Updates set off automatically. I attempted the display settings proposal, after that rebooted. But then also the similar error occurs. I can click on the Norton shortcut and Norton unlocked usually.

Just did slight googling around this problem. And the majority of articles say that such errors are because of the registry troubles or windows dll troubles, especially user32.dll file. Does this occur on the administrator account or are you logging into guest or limited user account? Since this is not extensively reported in any forum, this seems more like a system problem rather than a N360 problem. Please attempt registry cleanup below N360 Tuneup, to clean-up registry troubles. May this will solve the problem.