Thread: How to solve the issue of SurfCanyon cookie and the Google irritant in FireFox

How to solve the issue of SurfCanyon cookie and the Google irritant in FireFox

Proceeding only some days before I have observe that every time I search for a bit on Google I acquire a surfcanyon cookie. Why do I obtain this? I have WOT add-on in my Mozilla Firefox browser but previous to, I by no means tried to get surfcanyon cookie. Any suggestions for this thought? Also at any time I open Opera (not including any add ins/widgets) a host of associations go to Google plus Google maps. Anyone knows how to prevent this problem then please let me about these friends. Help will be appreciated.

Re: How to solve the issue of SurfCanyon cookie and the Google irritant in FireFox

Surf Canyon has been associate with WOT for a pair years to transport "WOT protected Search": The Surf Canyon cookie, though, is very current. It's in reality our load balancer and we determined to give it a try to help straight some traffic. We haven't yet resolute if we're going to keep it. If you'd like to chunk the Surf Canyon cookie (the whole thing will still effort fine), then you can go after the "obstruct cookies for a particular website" instructions at It's very easy to do. As for your circumstances with Opera, we'd love to assist but we don't have no matter which to do with that browser and don't be acquainted with what the problem could be. So if you have any such other issue then let know. I may help you out.

Re: How to solve the issue of SurfCanyon cookie and the Google irritant in FireFox

The Firefox add-on doesn't drive any cookies to mywot website still if there are cookies locate for mywot.com website. You can examine the source code or incarcerate your own network traffic to authenticate this. You are correct about cookies being drive during search modification queries although. The privacy issues are negligible since the cookies aren't utilized for no matter which and the data isn't even store wherever, but we can undoubtedly fix this in the subsequently edition of the add-on, so cookies will be deleted from XML-HTTP Requests at this time too. In the mean time, if this bothers you, you can merely spin off the search refinements.

I perceived the requirements using FireFox. Was occurring when I was trying for assembling searches on Google. I will appear over the basic code when I have moment to see it. All I keep in mind is that when it sends the cookies it looks to be downloading a javascript from the MyWot website as I complete any search. Should be insignificant to replicate on any system (start cataloging requests, make a look for on Google, filter for MyWot website, watch the cookies in the request), but if you cannot then if I have occasion tomorrow I will reactivate the add-ons and give you a gradually duplication.

This would be a revelation to you try to install it from the Flyer's download page, so don’t try to download from that website where I do not observe the declared of Surf Canyon. This is an problem we'll require to work all the way through with them. The Brand rumble gallery does contain the Surf Canyon pointer and revelation, but this perceptibly didn't take over to the client site. We have our associate relationships to permit us to build these themes with no charging a fee to the end user. though, there should be no "concealed characteristic." I apologize if you were problem by this.