Thread: Unable to start WLAN AutoConfig and EAP services

Unable to start WLAN AutoConfig and EAP services

Hello friends, I am not able to connect to my Wireless Network. When I try to join, it just displays that 'Cannot connect.' I have the Intel WiFiLink adapter with the most recent driver for Windows 7 operating system with 32bit installed. The machine doesn't have a wireless connection manager and I am trying to attach by means of the Windows Wireless Connection Manager. I then had the checked into the Services and originate that the WLAN AutoConfig and Extensible Authentication Protocol services are not performing. While I try to start WLAN AutoConfig service, I get the message that the
    Windows unable to start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer.
    Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.
    Also when I try to start Extensible Authentication Protocol service, then I get the message that the
    Windows unable to start the Extensible Authentication Protocol service on Local Computer.
    Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely manner.
    I have originated that the entire the reliant services for EAP are performing. And all the dependent services for WLAN AutoConfig are running apart from the EAP service. Please help.

Re: Unable to start WLAN AutoConfig and EAP services

This problem may take place if the service is corrupted. Try out the steps to troubleshoot the problem. 1. Initially download the EAP.txt file. Then after downloading it rename the EAP.txt file into EAP.reg file. 2. Now from the Start button from the taskbar, into the open box type the input "REGEDIT"and then hit Enter button. Click Yes if it show display any message. 3. Enlarge to Computer key and then click "File" menu and in that tick to the "Export" button. 4. After that name the file as "RegBackup" and after that save it to the C:\ drive for the backup. 5. Keep in mind that in case we require undoing the change, we can click twice RegBackup.reg file to re-establish the registry key. 6. Click the EAP.reg file and and then press Yes button to import it to the system. Now you can verify the services another time.

If the problem occurs, you might carry out an In-place Upgrade to repair the system: 1. What you do is at the starting start the computer system by means of the existing Operating System. 2. Place in the Windows 7 DVD in the computer's DVD drive. 3. After that make use of the subsequent procedures, as suitable:
    If Windows repeatedly identify the DVD, then you should Install now screen appear. After that click Install button.
    If Windows does not mechanically notice the DVD, go after these steps:
    a. Click the Start Button and in the search box type Drive:\setup.exe and then click OK and then click on to the Install now button.
    4. When you make the "Which type of installation do you want?" screen, then click Upgrade to upgrade the existing operating system to Windows 7.

You may attempt the subsequent steps to determine the error Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start. 1) For that click to the Start button and then to the search box and in that type the command regedit.exe. 2) Now you should have to right click to the regedit and in that select and click on Run as administrator option. 3) Click on [HKEY_Local_Machine\System\Current control Set\services\Ndisuio]”start”=dword00000002
    Or
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Ndisuio\
    And modify the value of "start" to 2
    Restart The Computer.
    This may repair the difficulty for dependency service.

question Re: Unable to start WLAN AutoConfig and EAP services

While the previous suggestions are all excellent advice and you clearly know what you are talking about, the situation I have encountered with my friend's computer was not resolved by the obvious solutions... There is one among this list that I have not yet tried and may indeed be the salvation for which I have been looking (that being to put the Windows 7 DVD into the drive and try reinstalling just the WLAN Autoconfig component, or perhaps the entire TCP/IP section). However, in the instance that it is not, I would like to direct your attention to the Microsoft Knowledge Base, where I initially found this same basic answer and posted a response to it indicating that the problem remains, despite the suggestion of its' resolution. In the response, I also provide the current settings of the Native WiFi Filter registry entry in case that should have something to do with the problem. Here is the link to the MS KB: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...6-058C46235737

Any additional ideas would be most welcome. So far, the general consensus where I work is to reinstall Windows, but my friend and I are really hoping to avoid that and only use it as a last resort...

Thank you.

Hi Ratajski,

There is another solutions that was given on the microsoft site. So, follow the below if method in its order as given:

This issue can occur if the service is corrupted. Please perform the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

1. Access the link below to download the EAP.txt file:

http://cid-6df3bca839e981ef.skydrive...Public/EAP.txt ;

2. Rename the EAP.txt file to EAP.reg file.

3. Click Start, input "REGEDIT" (without quotation marks) in the open box and press Enter. Please click Yes.

4. Expand to Computer key, Click "File" menu and click "Export".

5. Please name the file as "RegBackup" (without quotation marks) and then save it to the C:\ drive as a backup.

Note: In case we need to undo the modification, we can double click this RegBackup.reg file to restore the registry key.

6. Double click the EAP.reg file and Click Yes to import it to the computer.

Then, please verify the following services again: Extensible Authentication Protocol, CNG Key Isolation

If the issue persists, you may perform an In-place Upgrade to repair the system.

1. Start the computer by using the current Operating System.

2. Insert the Windows 7 DVD in the computer's DVD drive.

3. Use one of the following procedures, as appropriate:

If Windows automatically detects the DVD, the Install now screen appears. Click Install now.

If Windows does not automatically detect the DVD, follow these steps:

a. Click the Start Button, type Drive:\setup.exe in the start search box and then click OK.

Note: Drive is the drive letter of the computer's DVD drive.

b. Click Install now.

4. When you reach the "Which type of installation do you want?" screen, click Upgrade to upgrade the current operating system to Windows 7.