Thread: Unprotected items under Firefox

Unprotected items under Firefox

SpywareBlaster continually notify me that I comprise 230 items unprotected in Firefox. I can permit all protection as well as it shield them all over again. This is until I close up the program but when I start it again then it shows the same thing. I have searched regarding it and got a couple of threads that is having the similar thing. One of the results is the same to my problem except it was with Internet Explorer. The odd thing is that the post I got was 1 years old. I have not at all had this difficulty earlier when using XP or else Vista, but it just started in Windows7. I am using the similar edition of SpywareBlaster as I was in Vista but at this time I have this matter. I guessed that it was something related with difference in the UAC so I have turned it off. It originated a few troubles while installing security programs. Please tell me that why it is giving me such messages and how can I get out of this issue.

Re: Unprotected items under Firefox

Your setup for the SpywareBlaster is corrupted and that is why this is showing you the notifications like this. My suggestion to you is to uninstall the SpywareBlaster form your computer completely and install it once again. You can search on internet and download a new setup from there. Try to install it with the fresh copy of the setup that you will download. In many of the problems like this I have seen that reinstalling solves the problem. I hope that this will do the same for you.

I think that you need to delete the registry and clean all the files. For deleting the registry manually, you can use Windows Registry Editor and before doing this, you should make the backup of the registry and then delete needless files. Follow the steps below.
    1. Click on Start button and select Run from there.
    2. You have to type regedit in the Run window and hit enter.
    3. From the menu bar, select File and select Export.
    4. Now type a name used for the backup file and click on save button.
    5. Once you have created the backup for registry then you can go to left of the window for registry editor and check how your computer is configured.
    To expand the selection, you can click on plus sign which is before that. This will open a wide area and anybody can manually delete registry files that are in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE."

I was also facing the similar problem earlier and was not able to solve that. Before going to any big solution, you can do a simple thing. You just have to go to the Tools > Clear Recent History. There you should uncheck Site Preferences. Now enable the protection used for all items within SpywareBlaster and this will solve the problem for you.

You can try the solutions which are posted above. If that is not working for you then you can try by reinstalling the Firefox. Uninstall the Firefox completely from your computer and reboot your system. After that you can install the Firefox again. It will build all the files for the Firefox again there are more chances that it will resolve the problem for you.

Cleaning registry will resolve this issue. You can do it manually as suggested above and you can also use any software for this. There are many available and one of them is CCleaner. I think that this will be the best one for you. It is one of the well-liked as well as user-friendly registry cleaners. CCleaner take out unwanted files for example unacceptable registry keys that are available from uninstalled software as well as restore missing and corrupted .dlls and also additional registry files. The software is as well capable of enhancing the online safety for users. It provides extra speed to computer by*making limitation for the size of the registry. CCleaner is completely free and can be downloaded very easily.