Thread: Cannot update Nod32 to 5709

Cannot update Nod32 to 5709

I have installed Nod32 in my system which is of version 4.2.67.10. It was running well from when I installed it. From last few days it was showing me the message that the database is out of date and I need to update it. So I tried to update the database to 5709. Update was in the progress and suddenly it gives me a message that says "17/12/2010 00:55:44 Mettre Ã* jour Erreur grave non documentée (0x101a) AUTORITE NT\SYSTEM" I searched for English meaning of this then I found that it means:" Serious error not documented (0x101a) ". When I press OK button on that message then it aborts the update process. I tried it many times but it gives me the same message again and again. Please help me.

Re: Cannot update Nod32 to 5709

Ok as you told that you are getting the message 'Undocumented Serious Error (0x101a)' while updating the antivirus then there is possibility that some of the update files are damaged. To fix this error you can go through the steps below and this will solve the problem for you.
    1. First of all open the program by clicking on the ESET icon or you can also go to Start → All Programs → ESET→ ESET Smart Security.
    2. Now you have to press F5 key and this will open the Advanced Setup window.
    3. Click on update from the Advanced Setup tree.
    4. Confirm that the your Update server is put to Choose automatically and you have entered the username and the password properly.
    5. Click on Clear to clean the update cache and click OK.
    6. Reboot your computer.
    7. Once you are done with this then again open the main program in the same way as mentioned in the first step. From the main program window select Update → Update virus signature database.

This will start to update the ESET security product automatically.

Above steps are very correct and that will definitely help you to update the database for NOD 32. But in case that you are not able to update it in this way then you can reinstall the antivirus. Uninstall it first and install it again. This time install with a different copy of setup if possible. This will create all the new files in your system for NOD 32 and it has more chances to fix this issue.

I think that the version of the antivirus that you are using is old and therefore the new updates cannot be installed to it. I am not sure about it but it can be one of the possible reasons. You need to uninstall the currently using version and install the latest version of it. You will get this easily if you search for this on internet. I hope that upgrading to latest version will solve the problem for you.

For updating any antivirus, it should have the internet connection. Make sure that you have the proper internet connection. If the server is down then also it will abort the installation process as it takes more than the normal time to update. If that is the case then you can contact your service provider and ask them about the slow internet connection.

You should check for the following things for the problems like this:
    • Confirm that you can ping Eset's update servers.
    • Check for the proxy settings in the NOD32 update setup. If there is no proxy then it should be disabled.
    • If you are using the firewall then confirm that NOD32 kernel service have allowed the internet access.