Thread: System locks on boot by NOD32

System locks on boot by NOD32

I have just installed the upgrade for the NOD3. This upgrade was sent to me from ESET via email. After installing the upgrade, it is getting hanged at startup and also it locks my system. Once this is done then I cannot do anything and the only option left for me is to reboot the system. I am sure that this is because of the NOD32 because if I disable it then it boots without any issue. Please tell me that what should I do to solve the problem? Thank you very much in advance for reading and replying to this post.

Re: System locks on boot by NOD32

I think that the NOD32 that you are using is corrupted and that is why you are getting the problems like this. You should uninstall it and install it again. If that also does not solve the problem for you then you can download a new copy of setup from internet and install it. After installing that you can install the update that you have got by email. If it is due to the version of the NOD32 then this will solve the problem for you.

Do you have installed any other security software installed in your computer? I am asking this to you because if you have additional security software installed then they will interfere the processing each other and due to result of that, it will hang and also locks your system. So is that is the case then you should uninstall the additional security software and use only one which you want. This is one of the most possible reasons for this problem.

Which version of the NOD 32 you are using. If you are using older version then it can create the issues like this. I am using the 4.2.67 version and never faced any problem like this. This is only one antivirus software that is installed in my system. So if you are using older versions then download the latest version of it and install it in your computer. I am sure that this will solve the problem for you.

The first thing that you need to try is to use CCleaner software. Download it from internet and install on your computer. Now boot in the safe mode. To do that, you have to keep on pressing F8 key while it is loading the OS in the RAM. Scan the entire system with this and fix all the bugs that it finds. This is the best software to solve the problems like this.