Thread: ESET is not functioning properly

ESET is not functioning properly

From the past several months I have been using ESET NOD 32 and recently I noticed that it kinda seems be stopped shielding everything. When I launch the scan for virus it will not scans deeply. It just shows some normal virus, doesn’t shows any much of that. My system speed has been decreased and I can realize that it is due to the virus cause. The main thing is it didn’t even recognize the Whitesmoke application. Once it was the best for me but for now even after updating it is not working or functioning properly. What should I need to do to boost its performance and scanning capability? I do not want to switch.

Re: ESET is not functioning properly

Submit the malicious files to ESET that you have found in your computer using other AV program. They may analyze and find the proper solution for this. Another important thing is that do not use any other AV program along with ESET AV. This will probably decrease system speed and startup. The major fact is that the malicious programs or malwares that has been detected by other AV program or toll will again detected by the ESET. Make sure that those found malwares are just files not any registry related entries.

I heard that not all the malware and adware has been recognized by the ESET. Some of the registry entries also cannot be detected easily. For this you need either a separate registry cleaner or malware remover tool. In order to detect malicious application you need to configure proper settings in advance setup so that program can filter it. For other files you need to wipe out the update files folder and then fresh install the virus signature data base. May be this is only the last hope.

I think that the AV program itself has been disabled by the effect of some virus. You need to find those virus which disabled the proper functioning of ESET and note down the name of that virus. Then go to the ESET site and download the standalone remover tool for that appropriate named virus. Then try to remove it. Also run the Windows update if necessary.