Thread: How to Roll Back Virus Signature to previous one

How to Roll Back Virus Signature to previous one

Currently I am using ESET NOD32 as antivirus program along with some other security tools like firewall, adware and malware removal, spyware removal, registry cleaner etc. I din t get any problem until there was a recent update lunched by the ESET and my program has automatically downloaded it. The update I am talking about the virus signature. After updating to this most of my third party applications shows like a virus program or an unsecured application. Due to this I could not able to launch and make use those apps. So I need to roll back to the previous version of database? Do you think that is it possible to jump behind? Is this possible then tell me how to? I really need to go back now. Please help me.

Re: How to Roll Back Virus Signature to previous one

If you cover prior update files copied at your mirror you are capable of probably wipe out the update files in the user and then load or submit a previous update file from that mirror. This might perhaps merely toil in anticipation of the client verifies in for the newest update. Also turn of the Automatic update by going into the advanced setup option if not necessary.

As far as my concern it will be helpful to have the latest update. Don’t bother about the application just make sure that there are no infected data files and system files. The applications won’t affect much to your computer performance. Even though if you really need to roll back to earlier database then there is only 2 options. Either re-installs the AV program or delete the update files manually which were updated last if possible.

There is one possible method I know but I don’t know whether it will be going to work for you or not. Manually generate a batch file and formulate it sprint involuntarily. This batch file must just duplicate the substance of several folders that go to ESET ( X:\Program files\ESET\ and X:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Applications Data\ESET\~ESET product name~\Updfiles). But in your case you have some similar problem, just go into in Safe Mode and after that re-establish the substance from the back up folders to the unique folders.