Thread: Error 0xc0070643 while installing AVG Free Version

Error 0xc0070643 while installing AVG Free Version

I have a computer which doesn’t have the internet connection in that. So I downloaded the AVG 2011 antivirus from my office and take that to my PC via pen drive. But now when I try to install that then t shows me some error message that shows me some code error 0xc0070643. It was written that it is free can be installed easily so why I am getting this problem. Please suggest me that what should I do to install that. Please reply as early as possible. Thank you.

Re: Error 0xc0070643 while installing AVG Free Version

The installation file which you are using to install may be corrupted and that is the reason that you are not able to install it. Many of the times, due to internet connection problem the downloaded file get corrupted and not function properly. So you need to download it again from your office and again try to install it. This time it will install properly if it is due to the bad download. I hope that this will help you.

Many of the antiviruses need internet connection during the installation. As you told that you don’t have internet connection then also you can connect internet temporarily with dial up connection like using the mobile phone as modem. Install the antivirus and now you can disconnect the internet connection. After that it will not ask you for the internet connection and also will not give you the error message like that.

If you are not able to install it in the normal mode then you can try to install it in safe mode. To go to safe mode, You have to reboot the system and keep on pressing F8 key and this will show you a screen from where you can select safe mode. Select that option and press enter. This will start the computer in safe mode. Now install that antivirus and there are more chances that it will get installed this time. After completion of the installation, restart the computer and login in the normal mode. By this way you will be able to install it.

You should make sure that you have admin rights. If you have not logged in as the admin then also you may get error messages like this. You should log off and then again login as the administrator. Now try to install the antivirus again. I was also having the same problem and when I did this then I was able to install it without any problem. So you should also try this wavy and get it installed.

You should not have any other antivirus software installed in your computer. If that is the case then the other antivirus which is currently installed on your system will refuse the installation of the new antivirus. So you should uninstall all the security software from your computer and after reboot, you can install the AVG and this time it may be installed without any issue.