Thread: Routing non-functional by WAN IP address from a LAN with FVS318

Routing non-functional by WAN IP address from a LAN with FVS318

We just acquired a DM111P modem to replace the old modem supplied by tiscali at the time completely crippled the functional point of view to pair it with our router FSV318. The DM111P modem is set to "RFC2684 Bridging" and the connection is handled by the router (PPPoE). Internet connection and the tethering function properly, however, the loopback does not operate. Routing rules (including HTTP server) does not work if you call the router's WAN IP (internet IP provided by ISP) from the LAN. In fact it my browser (firefox 3) returns me the error message :
    Broken connection
    The connection to the server was reset while the page loads.
    The web server is accessible from the LAN, the HTTP service is routed to the IP web server, the port of "Remote Management" is on 8080 and it is disabled. Can you confirm that the loopback function is well supported by this duo and configured? Can you enlighten me on the routing problem? Pleaseee

Re: Routing non-functional by WAN IP address from a LAN with FVS318

Connect to the configuration interface of your router by entering the address http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com from your Internet browser (see section Setup Wizard for initial configuration of FVS318v3).
    Username = admin
    Password = password
    Also don't forget to make sure your router has been bundled with the latest firmware version. If so, proceed to update the firmware if necessary. Click the Browse button and open the file. Img latest firmware. Then click the Upload button and wait until the end of treatment, especially not to interrupt.

All ports are closed ... I currently have a web server (80) and ftp (20 21) rotating with the corresponding routing rules, but the ports seem to be closed since the WAN IP ... We changed the modem because the first did not support the loopback (modem with router function of basic non-disabled), now here we are facing a new problem .. What are the parameters of FSV318 may block these ports, despite the routing rules? These services are not blocked from the page "block service," there are no rules configured DoS. The modem is in its original configuration, except for the bridge mode, I guess if NAT rules of origin had been configured into the modem, they would be ineffective in bridge mode?

Actually, I was also having an issue much similar like you. I solved that problem luckily. Can it get on my nerves these software solutions all in one. You buy a Anti-virus, and it provides you with a pack that contains anti-virus, anti-malware firewell-integrated whole setup with the public and therefore can configure. So the concern came from Kasperky Anti-Virus version 6 apparently also firewall blocks certain ports on the PC. More than immersing myself in anti-virus, but equipment is now Hard harmless. I think that you will definitely get some help from this post.