Thread: Unable to share file in windows Vista

Unable to share file in windows Vista

Hi, I have a new problem in Windows vista 64-bit, which suddenly appeared to me without having installed / uninstalled anything in my PC. In practice, browsing the net, and in particular the icon that represents my PC, I can see all shared folders, but the only thing I cannot open the printer. Until a few days ago and it was easily ascertained folders can I set up as shared (via advanced sharing), both from this and from other computers (with XP Professional Service Pak 3). And after doing this I get the message that "Unable to access \ \ SAURO-PC \ Sounds . You might not have permission to use this network resource. For permissions, please contact the server administrator. The specified network name is not is no longer available" For more about the operation of share, or remove the share from a folder, it has become overly long. 10 minutes of stuff and go to step. I also deleted the user folder sharing, although it was planned from the outset, as no longer working. By the way, ask how to reset it in a standard way. For now, I delete all the shared folders (it takes half the night yet, but I'll make it), but I would keep at least one to exchange data with another PC (laptop) that I use for work. How can it be successful? A security patches? I thank anyone who can help me out.

Re: Unable to share file in windows Vista

Related to this I have one solution if you want then you check this. But regarding this I am not sure whether this will work or not. In this first you
    1. Enable network identification
    2. Enable file and printer sharing
    3. Allow others to allow reading and writing files of public folder to all users with access to the network
    4. Use the 128-bit encryption for secure connections to file sharing (Recommended)
    5. Turn off password protected sharing
    6. Allow Windows to manage the connections of the home (recommended)

I was reminded that long ago, on a machine with Windows XP Service Pack 2, I had a similar problem which I resolved by adding an entry in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ LanmanServer \ Parameters IRPStackSize REG_DWORD 20 This procedure may also be true for Windows vista 64-bit? So you also try this maybe this one can fix your problem.

I wanted to inform you that the procedure re installation Windows vista is successful. I just had to reinstall the printer drivers (HP), webcam, external USB modem, and video card (nVidia GeForce GTS 240). Despite what the problem is unchanged! The S / O cannot open their shared folders in the icon Network. I am trying to uninstall the McAfee antivirus to eliminate all possibility that has to do with the problem. So any suggestions then help me.