Thread: Netgear WPN824V3 not working well when used in combination with WLAN

Netgear WPN824V3 not working well when used in combination with WLAN

I have been using the Netgear WGR614V7 for a long time . My system is linked to it with the realtek RTL8191SU Wlan 802.11N. It works well with it , but I purchased a WGR824V3 in grouping with the WPN111 as it came along with a package . It should work in more faster manner than my previous router , but do not know why it does not work as expected. So any body who owns the same router then please help me in solving this issue.

Re: Netgear WPN824V3 not working well when used in combination with WLAN

I too have the same WGR614V7 router from netgear that you have been using, although I am using it since a long time , I did not face any sort of issue of slow performance that you are facing right now. If you think that both the router looks similar and work harmoniously with a common driver , then you are thinking it incorrect, so please install the driver that would have come along the combination of WLAN or you can download it from the internet . Please let me know if it works well or not.

You had mentioned that it works but not as fast as your previous router . I thing you have configured in an incorrect manner, considering that both the routers will have same setup, you would have installed your new router in the similar manner. When you would have bought the router , there will be manual along with that router then you can refer the manual to set it in a correct way.

Well in that case you should check the signal from the access point. If you are having a laptop or a desktop then , there is a catching point that catches the signal from the access point that is located line of sight at a remote location , so in that catching point you will be able to determine the strength , the strong signal is mostly indicated in color green and the weak in yellow and the weakest in red, so accordingly you can make changes in the catching point. I there such device established then please tell me about the color of those light.