Thread: Netgear WNDR3700 continually loses internet connection

Netgear WNDR3700 continually loses internet connection

I have just purchased the WNDR3700 wireless router. It is a good wireless router and I like the entire the features of it except the only issue is that WNDR3700 is repeatedly loses internet connection. I am using windows XP based laptop I don’t know because of which I am getting this issue but I am really getting frustrated from this .Please tell me that what can be the issue with this as well as how can I solve it. I will be thankful for the entire replies.

Re: Netgear WNDR3700 continually loses internet connection

You have to confirm your PC is not too far away from your wireless router as well as you have a good quality signal. By situating your mouse pointer over the wireless association sign, situated in the bottom right corner of your taskbar, you be able to make sure to observe if your signal power is good. Everything less than a good signal is able to cause irregular connections. You will require relocating your wireless router closer to your PC.

If you have a 2.4 GHz wireless home phone, get observe if you lose the internet connection while placing or getting a call. These wireless phones interfere along with wireless routers as they both function on 2.4GHz frequencies. If this occurs you require to power down the router and after that turn it back on. This will occur infrequently but not every time. For that you have to upgrade your wireless phone to 5.8GHz, as well as utilize a corded phone or utilize a wired internet connection to your router.

If you are still not getting solution to your internet connection, you can use a friend's laptop with a wireless card in addition to observe if their laptop be able to connect to the internet. Be confident to put your friends wireless link settings to the similar settings that your wireless card is place to. If your friend's laptop connects to the internet after that you might have an awful wireless card. Attempt reconfiguring your wireless card settings before going out to buy an outside wireless card .

If your friend's laptop is not able to attach to the internet, you have to attempt to reset the router to the plant defaults. Adjust the settings on the wireless card to the similar setup as the factory default on the wireless router. If this is workings then you will get your problem solved. If it does not effort for either PC, the wireless portion of your router is terrible after that you have to buy a new router or utilize a wired connection to one of your router ports.