Thread: WG111US wireless adapter unable to connect internet

WG111US wireless adapter unable to connect internet

I had this WG111US wireless adapter inserted up to a brand new computer and it is performing very well. I was using Windows 7 operating system on that system. Then for commercial reasons, I had to acquire my old computer again from my mother in law home and gave her the new computer with windows 7. The old computer has Window's XP installed in it. Now I cannot able to connect to the internet. It replies me that I'm connected to the internet but when I attempt to use internet explorer, it says not capable to connect to internet. It's pouring me crazy. Any ideas on what I can undertake or what I may be performing wrong? Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Re: WG111US wireless adapter unable to connect internet

Since you have swap the computer form your mother-in-law, so I think that you must make changes in the Lan setting in order to connect to the internet. Here is the procedure you must go through in order to connect to internet. Go to control panel by going through start menu and then to setting then the control panel since you are using the windows XP operating system so this step must follow by you. Then select the internet options form the list and the select the connection tab from the window and then select the LAN settings. Under the local area network setting selects local area network settings and unchecked all the check boxes.

Since you have change the operating system by swapping the machine from newer to and older one. So I think that there must be issue for not connecting to the internet. The driver for this adapter for the windows XP cannot able to recognize by the operating system. Because the driver CD may not have the driver for the XP. So I think that you must go online check the appropriate driver for the adapter. And especially compatible with windows XP otherwise i don’t think that it install properly on your PC.

I was hopeful that this wireless adapter would perform well-patched and dependable Windows XP Pro desktop, and so I purchased it to attach with my new Verizon FiOS router. unfortunately, I didn't interpret the review earlier. Following the preliminary installation, my PC would freeze each time when I put in the adapter, requiring a restart. After upgrading the software with NETGEAR's online update, the adapter yet would not perform. Each effort to begin the NETGEAR software unsuccessful: there were no fault messages, it just rejects to begin. And so I was never able to open this product to the end where I could even effort an Internet connection. These issues were not attending to on NETGEAR's support information base. Following this string of stoppage, I have no meaning of additional troubleshooting and potentially put at risk my Windows XP installation with this unbalanced product.