Thread: How to solve the failed VPN Configuration for the FVS318G

How to solve the failed VPN Configuration for the FVS318G

I'm demanding to place up an access VPN association using the wizard but get the subsequent error message:

"Loading Configuration Failed"

I then attempted and set up with no wizard but I get this error message again and again. I'm currently operating firmware version of 3.0.6-16. Whichever assistance is very much appreciated. Also is there any help on setting up a connection for the devoid of using the wizard? So anyone have idea then please reply me to this post.

Re: How to solve the failed VPN Configuration for the FVS318G

I think that there is some problem with the wizard which you chosen for the configuration setting. If I would be in your place then I will try then I will try to avoid the use of the wizard. Because the wizard alters the setting that you made in your configuration setting so avoid this. So my suggestion is not to use the wizard for the vpn connection. Or even you can try to check the router properly and reset it. Verify that the problem arise is gone or not. Also try to update the firmware to the recent one.

I have been checking my setting with a VPN Client (through Safe net) at the back of router (VPN Pass-through). In general, I able to connect to the FVS318G by IPSec. Subsequent to disabling and reconnecting it occur that the connection will not form any longer. So try to disable as well as enable of VPN on FVS318G and then it will perform better until the next time. FVS318G seems to have a bug. no help from USR. So try to get the updated firmware of get online from the various website.

I think that some error causes to fail the configuration setting to fail, so are you using PPTP? If yes, then verify the type of VPN is regular or PPTP. Because my IPSec client doesn’t perform on Vista and even several Vista's program compatibility doesn’t assist, I had to use VPN characteristic in windows. I have generated connection by giving my VPN server IP address. When I try to join, it throw error 766 inquiring for PC certificate. I am completely ignorant o how to obtain that certificate. Kindly let me know how can i obtain this certificate and get this VPN connection done. Please help me out in this.