Thread: Not able to enable Remote destop blocked by Firewall

Not able to enable Remote destop blocked by Firewall

I have a LAN with a router and firewall enabled. I have a network of 5 pc which shares the same network and internet connection. Normally I just want to configure my remote connection so that I can get access to all of my system and configure them also. But I am not sure my connection is disconnecting. I would like to access through the net my pc stays always connected. But I am not able to configure the rdp. I have a security support also on my system. I also want to know about Remote Assistance. Does this thing is also like RDP. If yes then how does it works. I had heard about this that it helps to troubleshoot windows. But there is not more feature provided in that. There are all tips and topics.

Re: Not able to enable Remote destop blocked by Firewall

I think that you are using UPnP remote connection. It is also called as dynamic allocation of port. What you need is enabled UPnP on your router and also in your firewall if you want to get the access. Other wise your connection will be disconnected. There is one more solution that you can simply try out. For that you will need a another type software which manages remote desktop. One of tool which I know is UltraVNC Pro. This tools allows the opening of sessions. It is very easy to use and in this you just need to pu your ip address of destination. Once you added that it gives you a direct connection. This remote desktop in which you are trying to connect already knows to get connection via port 3389.

The above solution is just a guess. If you are not using UPnP connection then there is another way to fix that. You must install IIS and the layer parameters. If this thing is complicated for you then the most easy option is forwarding the rdp port number. Put the port number in the firewall exception list. You open TCP port 3389 and it will work. When I use remote desktop access from my laptop to login and take control of my pc, I failed many time. Then only I just realized that this access was not possible till my firewall Zone Alarm Pro will except the connection. When I log on the same network I type the IP address directly from the PC to access the same. I add added the port number under firewalls exception list.

If you are using the same online then you can try dynds. This is a best thing I found. Remote Assistance is primarily a help desk system. It is not a RDP Service. It offers an expert advice for system troubleshooting. This expert can take control to make himself operations. The interface of the Remote Assistance allows the expert and be assisted to communicate through chat or audio. Unlike Remote Desktop, functions and use of Remote Assistance are identical versions of Windows XP Home and Windows XP Professional. Remote Assistance can only work between two Windows XP, it is not present in older version of Windows.

Normally, Remote Assistance is disabled by default in Windows XP. To run that you have to enable that from Control Panel and run the System applet. Go to the tab of Remote operation and then from there you have to check Allow sending invitations remotely from this computer. After that you have to click the Advanced button and check Allow Remote Control of this computer. By default, an invitation is limited to 30 days but this period may be extended or reduced through the options in this box advanced ]settings.So here you can help the same out to configure the remote desktop support and get help of your friends on the same.

Remote Desktop is the best way to take control away from his home PC from your PC at the office. To use Remote Assistance over the Internet, it is necessary to open a port in the firewall. And this as well on the local machine on the remote. For Windows firewall, go to Control Panel. And then look for Windows Firewall. After that you can see a Exceptions tab. Then click on Remote Desktop. The other way is go in your router configuration page. Do not forget to open port 3389 which is the RDP port. But beware, this feature exists only in the Professional editions of Windows XP. Remote Desktop functionality is disabled by default for security reasons.